GoldenEye re-release off the cards for Rare
Despite the ceaseless clamour of old and new-school fans, Rare seem adamant that a deal between Nintendo and Microsoft to get GoldenEye released on the Xbox Live Arcade is very much off the cards.
"That was some time ago, my friend. Fate was against us that day. Destiny conspired to raise the hurdles even as we attempted to clear them, resulting in unpleasant groinal injury," a spokesperson for the UK developer told Scribes.
"I suspect we're long past the stage where an agreement was on the cards, but you never know. Stranger things have happened somewhere probably."
It is already known that Rare worked on a port of the game for the Xbox 360, but parent firm Microsoft just couldn't pull off the deal needed to actually release this old-time hit. This is hardly a surprise, given Nintendo's role in what was once an N64 exclusive.
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year
- Valve reworks their Steam Early Access developer guidelines and rules
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe