GoldenEye re-release off the cards for Rare
Despite the ceaseless clamour of old and new-school fans, Rare seem adamant that a deal between Nintendo and Microsoft to get GoldenEye released on the Xbox Live Arcade is very much off the cards.
"That was some time ago, my friend. Fate was against us that day. Destiny conspired to raise the hurdles even as we attempted to clear them, resulting in unpleasant groinal injury," a spokesperson for the UK developer told Scribes.
"I suspect we're long past the stage where an agreement was on the cards, but you never know. Stranger things have happened somewhere probably."
It is already known that Rare worked on a port of the game for the Xbox 360, but parent firm Microsoft just couldn't pull off the deal needed to actually release this old-time hit. This is hardly a surprise, given Nintendo's role in what was once an N64 exclusive.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer