GoldenEye re-release off the cards for Rare
Despite the ceaseless clamour of old and new-school fans, Rare seem adamant that a deal between Nintendo and Microsoft to get GoldenEye released on the Xbox Live Arcade is very much off the cards.
"That was some time ago, my friend. Fate was against us that day. Destiny conspired to raise the hurdles even as we attempted to clear them, resulting in unpleasant groinal injury," a spokesperson for the UK developer told Scribes.
"I suspect we're long past the stage where an agreement was on the cards, but you never know. Stranger things have happened somewhere probably."
It is already known that Rare worked on a port of the game for the Xbox 360, but parent firm Microsoft just couldn't pull off the deal needed to actually release this old-time hit. This is hardly a surprise, given Nintendo's role in what was once an N64 exclusive.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent