GoldenEye re-release off the cards for Rare
Despite the ceaseless clamour of old and new-school fans, Rare seem adamant that a deal between Nintendo and Microsoft to get GoldenEye released on the Xbox Live Arcade is very much off the cards.
"That was some time ago, my friend. Fate was against us that day. Destiny conspired to raise the hurdles even as we attempted to clear them, resulting in unpleasant groinal injury," a spokesperson for the UK developer told Scribes.
"I suspect we're long past the stage where an agreement was on the cards, but you never know. Stranger things have happened somewhere probably."
It is already known that Rare worked on a port of the game for the Xbox 360, but parent firm Microsoft just couldn't pull off the deal needed to actually release this old-time hit. This is hardly a surprise, given Nintendo's role in what was once an N64 exclusive.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold