GoldenEye re-release off the cards for Rare
Despite the ceaseless clamour of old and new-school fans, Rare seem adamant that a deal between Nintendo and Microsoft to get GoldenEye released on the Xbox Live Arcade is very much off the cards.
"That was some time ago, my friend. Fate was against us that day. Destiny conspired to raise the hurdles even as we attempted to clear them, resulting in unpleasant groinal injury," a spokesperson for the UK developer told Scribes.
"I suspect we're long past the stage where an agreement was on the cards, but you never know. Stranger things have happened somewhere probably."
It is already known that Rare worked on a port of the game for the Xbox 360, but parent firm Microsoft just couldn't pull off the deal needed to actually release this old-time hit. This is hardly a surprise, given Nintendo's role in what was once an N64 exclusive.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015