Mythic to sue Microsoft
Reuters today bring word that Dark Ages of Camelot developer Mythic Entertainment has revealed plans to sue Microsoft, over an alleged trademark infringement in Microsoft's forthcoming MMORPG Mythica. The case was filed in a Virginia court last month, and reportedly concerns Mythic's fear that Microsoft's game title could cause confusion among consumers.
"We would expect Microsoft to react no differently if someone launched an operating system called Microsofta just as Microsoft did when confronted with an operating system called Lindows," commented Mythic President and Chief Executive Mark Jacobs. The online PC game Mythica also employs elements of Norse mythology, much like Mythic's own Dark Ages of Camelot; hence the privately held developer's fear that some confusion amongst gamers might be generated.
The case seeks damages and an injunction against Redmond, more on this as we get it.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light