Mythic to sue Microsoft
Reuters today bring word that Dark Ages of Camelot developer Mythic Entertainment has revealed plans to sue Microsoft, over an alleged trademark infringement in Microsoft's forthcoming MMORPG Mythica. The case was filed in a Virginia court last month, and reportedly concerns Mythic's fear that Microsoft's game title could cause confusion among consumers.
"We would expect Microsoft to react no differently if someone launched an operating system called Microsofta just as Microsoft did when confronted with an operating system called Lindows," commented Mythic President and Chief Executive Mark Jacobs. The online PC game Mythica also employs elements of Norse mythology, much like Mythic's own Dark Ages of Camelot; hence the privately held developer's fear that some confusion amongst gamers might be generated.
The case seeks damages and an injunction against Redmond, more on this as we get it.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone