Blizzard details the new Adventure mode coming to Diablo III with Reaper Of Souls
Blizzard is taking some serious steps to correct some of the problems that gamers were finding with Diablo III.
The biggest part of the solution is Adventure Mode. This is build on the idea of “go anywhere, slay anything”. Players will now be able to jump into any waypoint and visit any dungeon again to take full advantage of the game's randomly created dungeons. This will allow players to finally search for the elusive epic loot without having to run through the story campaign for the umpteenth time.
They've added a bit of coherence by adding in Bounties which will reward parties for heading out into the wilderness to seek out specific quests like taking out unique characters, completing events or clearing out a dungeon. The rewards will be pretty awesome. They include mountains of that all-valuable experience, epic loot items and they'll unlock a Nephalem Rift which is a specialised randomised quest.
There's no release date for Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls as yet but it is expected to be released on PC, Mac and PS4 some time in 2014.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone