Blizzard details the new Adventure mode coming to Diablo III with Reaper Of Souls
Blizzard is taking some serious steps to correct some of the problems that gamers were finding with Diablo III.
The biggest part of the solution is Adventure Mode. This is build on the idea of “go anywhere, slay anything”. Players will now be able to jump into any waypoint and visit any dungeon again to take full advantage of the game's randomly created dungeons. This will allow players to finally search for the elusive epic loot without having to run through the story campaign for the umpteenth time.
They've added a bit of coherence by adding in Bounties which will reward parties for heading out into the wilderness to seek out specific quests like taking out unique characters, completing events or clearing out a dungeon. The rewards will be pretty awesome. They include mountains of that all-valuable experience, epic loot items and they'll unlock a Nephalem Rift which is a specialised randomised quest.
There's no release date for Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls as yet but it is expected to be released on PC, Mac and PS4 some time in 2014.
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4