Blizzard details the new Adventure mode coming to Diablo III with Reaper Of Souls
Blizzard is taking some serious steps to correct some of the problems that gamers were finding with Diablo III.
The biggest part of the solution is Adventure Mode. This is build on the idea of “go anywhere, slay anything”. Players will now be able to jump into any waypoint and visit any dungeon again to take full advantage of the game's randomly created dungeons. This will allow players to finally search for the elusive epic loot without having to run through the story campaign for the umpteenth time.
They've added a bit of coherence by adding in Bounties which will reward parties for heading out into the wilderness to seek out specific quests like taking out unique characters, completing events or clearing out a dungeon. The rewards will be pretty awesome. They include mountains of that all-valuable experience, epic loot items and they'll unlock a Nephalem Rift which is a specialised randomised quest.
There's no release date for Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls as yet but it is expected to be released on PC, Mac and PS4 some time in 2014.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer