Blizzard details the new Adventure mode coming to Diablo III with Reaper Of Souls
Blizzard is taking some serious steps to correct some of the problems that gamers were finding with Diablo III.
The biggest part of the solution is Adventure Mode. This is build on the idea of “go anywhere, slay anything”. Players will now be able to jump into any waypoint and visit any dungeon again to take full advantage of the game's randomly created dungeons. This will allow players to finally search for the elusive epic loot without having to run through the story campaign for the umpteenth time.
They've added a bit of coherence by adding in Bounties which will reward parties for heading out into the wilderness to seek out specific quests like taking out unique characters, completing events or clearing out a dungeon. The rewards will be pretty awesome. They include mountains of that all-valuable experience, epic loot items and they'll unlock a Nephalem Rift which is a specialised randomised quest.
There's no release date for Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls as yet but it is expected to be released on PC, Mac and PS4 some time in 2014.
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below