Obsidian RPG to rise from Aliens ashes
Sega and Obsidian's RPG based on Aliens is very much dead, but we won't know why and what next until 2011 - according to boss Feargus Urquardt.
Apparently, Obsidian would like to talk about where it all went wrong, but they're covered by a non-disclosure agreement for at least another year.
"It's a tough thing for us, because it means we're all still under a non-disclosure agreement, at least for awhile," the CEO told US blog Joystiq. "We have our ideas, but they're purely opinions and they could be absolutely wrong. The NDA was two years past termination, so talk to us in February 2011."
In more promising news, the gaming boss reveals that the technology behind the Aliens RPG will be put to work on a secret new project. Still, all will seemingly be revealed come February 2011 - regarding the demise of the Aliens project. One for the calendar?
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon