Obsidian RPG to rise from Aliens ashes
Sega and Obsidian's RPG based on Aliens is very much dead, but we won't know why and what next until 2011 - according to boss Feargus Urquardt.
Apparently, Obsidian would like to talk about where it all went wrong, but they're covered by a non-disclosure agreement for at least another year.
"It's a tough thing for us, because it means we're all still under a non-disclosure agreement, at least for awhile," the CEO told US blog Joystiq. "We have our ideas, but they're purely opinions and they could be absolutely wrong. The NDA was two years past termination, so talk to us in February 2011."
In more promising news, the gaming boss reveals that the technology behind the Aliens RPG will be put to work on a secret new project. Still, all will seemingly be revealed come February 2011 - regarding the demise of the Aliens project. One for the calendar?
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO