Obsidian RPG to rise from Aliens ashes
Sega and Obsidian's RPG based on Aliens is very much dead, but we won't know why and what next until 2011 - according to boss Feargus Urquardt.
Apparently, Obsidian would like to talk about where it all went wrong, but they're covered by a non-disclosure agreement for at least another year.
"It's a tough thing for us, because it means we're all still under a non-disclosure agreement, at least for awhile," the CEO told US blog Joystiq. "We have our ideas, but they're purely opinions and they could be absolutely wrong. The NDA was two years past termination, so talk to us in February 2011."
In more promising news, the gaming boss reveals that the technology behind the Aliens RPG will be put to work on a secret new project. Still, all will seemingly be revealed come February 2011 - regarding the demise of the Aliens project. One for the calendar?
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer