Beatles: Rock Band beating Viacom predictions
While Guitar Hero 5 entered the UK charts at number one, the much-hyped Beatles: Rock Band could only manage a debut at number four - despite which Viacom are pleased with early sales.
Viacom do of course own MTV, who in turn control Harmonix - execs stating that initial sales of the heavily licensed game have beaten expectations.
"It's been terrific. The sales have exceeded our internal expectations. In the first week we've sold about 25% of our inventory, and we've had tremendous excitement around this game. The reviews have been incredible... It really is a work of art. The game delivers in all respects and we think it's going to have legs," beamed Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman, according to Industry Gamers.
Dauman added that even the top-end, 250 USD instrument set is selling well, the exec predicting that stocks will be exhausted in November.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III