Beatles: Rock Band beating Viacom predictions
While Guitar Hero 5 entered the UK charts at number one, the much-hyped Beatles: Rock Band could only manage a debut at number four - despite which Viacom are pleased with early sales.
Viacom do of course own MTV, who in turn control Harmonix - execs stating that initial sales of the heavily licensed game have beaten expectations.
"It's been terrific. The sales have exceeded our internal expectations. In the first week we've sold about 25% of our inventory, and we've had tremendous excitement around this game. The reviews have been incredible... It really is a work of art. The game delivers in all respects and we think it's going to have legs," beamed Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman, according to Industry Gamers.
Dauman added that even the top-end, 250 USD instrument set is selling well, the exec predicting that stocks will be exhausted in November.
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine
- Bethesda announces Wolfenstein: Old Blood a prequel to The New Order