Tomb Raider creator leaving Crystal Dynamics
Toby Gard, the game designer credited with the invention of Tomb Raider and Lara Croft, is set to leave Crystal Dynamics (Lara's new home post-Core Design).
Gard's departure is for unknown reasons, with the industry veteran off to take up a roaming consultancy role, offering game makers help with "story, cinematics, animation, character design, game design and balancing."
The designer returned to Eidos in 2004 after a failed stint running his own studio, where his big hope the ambitious Galleon failed to set the world on fire.
We'll have more on Gard's future initiatives as we catch word.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too