Tomb Raider creator leaving Crystal Dynamics
Toby Gard, the game designer credited with the invention of Tomb Raider and Lara Croft, is set to leave Crystal Dynamics (Lara's new home post-Core Design).
Gard's departure is for unknown reasons, with the industry veteran off to take up a roaming consultancy role, offering game makers help with "story, cinematics, animation, character design, game design and balancing."
The designer returned to Eidos in 2004 after a failed stint running his own studio, where his big hope the ambitious Galleon failed to set the world on fire.
We'll have more on Gard's future initiatives as we catch word.
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One