Tomb Raider creator leaving Crystal Dynamics
Toby Gard, the game designer credited with the invention of Tomb Raider and Lara Croft, is set to leave Crystal Dynamics (Lara's new home post-Core Design).
Gard's departure is for unknown reasons, with the industry veteran off to take up a roaming consultancy role, offering game makers help with "story, cinematics, animation, character design, game design and balancing."
The designer returned to Eidos in 2004 after a failed stint running his own studio, where his big hope the ambitious Galleon failed to set the world on fire.
We'll have more on Gard's future initiatives as we catch word.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today