Tomb Raider creator leaving Crystal Dynamics
Toby Gard, the game designer credited with the invention of Tomb Raider and Lara Croft, is set to leave Crystal Dynamics (Lara's new home post-Core Design).
Gard's departure is for unknown reasons, with the industry veteran off to take up a roaming consultancy role, offering game makers help with "story, cinematics, animation, character design, game design and balancing."
The designer returned to Eidos in 2004 after a failed stint running his own studio, where his big hope the ambitious Galleon failed to set the world on fire.
We'll have more on Gard's future initiatives as we catch word.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO