Tomb Raider creator leaving Crystal Dynamics
Toby Gard, the game designer credited with the invention of Tomb Raider and Lara Croft, is set to leave Crystal Dynamics (Lara's new home post-Core Design).
Gard's departure is for unknown reasons, with the industry veteran off to take up a roaming consultancy role, offering game makers help with "story, cinematics, animation, character design, game design and balancing."
The designer returned to Eidos in 2004 after a failed stint running his own studio, where his big hope the ambitious Galleon failed to set the world on fire.
We'll have more on Gard's future initiatives as we catch word.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny