Okami and MadWorld deserved better - Mizuguchi
Speaking to 1UP.com, Q Entertainment's Tetsuya Mizuguchi has said that big name releases Okami and MadWorld deserved a warmer reception than they received.
"It's actually a coincidence that I mention two games by Clover/Platinum, but it's a shame that unique games like this aren't embraced by the public more," the veteran game maker, once of Sega railed.
Wii exclusive MadWorld went down well with the critics, but was a virtual flop in sales terms - thanks in part to a Wii casual audience that has so far failed to really embrace hardcore games.
Okami will be getting a sequel, albeit on the DS rather than the Wii, despite the game wowing critics on Nintendo's format as well as the PS2. A MadWorld follow-up seems unlikely at this stage.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update