Okami and MadWorld deserved better - Mizuguchi
Speaking to 1UP.com, Q Entertainment's Tetsuya Mizuguchi has said that big name releases Okami and MadWorld deserved a warmer reception than they received.
"It's actually a coincidence that I mention two games by Clover/Platinum, but it's a shame that unique games like this aren't embraced by the public more," the veteran game maker, once of Sega railed.
Wii exclusive MadWorld went down well with the critics, but was a virtual flop in sales terms - thanks in part to a Wii casual audience that has so far failed to really embrace hardcore games.
Okami will be getting a sequel, albeit on the DS rather than the Wii, despite the game wowing critics on Nintendo's format as well as the PS2. A MadWorld follow-up seems unlikely at this stage.
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 boxart appears online
- 4A Games boss speaks of sorrow as the studio relocates from Ukraine to Malta
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars