Okami and MadWorld deserved better - Mizuguchi
Speaking to 1UP.com, Q Entertainment's Tetsuya Mizuguchi has said that big name releases Okami and MadWorld deserved a warmer reception than they received.
"It's actually a coincidence that I mention two games by Clover/Platinum, but it's a shame that unique games like this aren't embraced by the public more," the veteran game maker, once of Sega railed.
Wii exclusive MadWorld went down well with the critics, but was a virtual flop in sales terms - thanks in part to a Wii casual audience that has so far failed to really embrace hardcore games.
Okami will be getting a sequel, albeit on the DS rather than the Wii, despite the game wowing critics on Nintendo's format as well as the PS2. A MadWorld follow-up seems unlikely at this stage.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access