Okami and MadWorld deserved better - Mizuguchi
Speaking to 1UP.com, Q Entertainment's Tetsuya Mizuguchi has said that big name releases Okami and MadWorld deserved a warmer reception than they received.
"It's actually a coincidence that I mention two games by Clover/Platinum, but it's a shame that unique games like this aren't embraced by the public more," the veteran game maker, once of Sega railed.
Wii exclusive MadWorld went down well with the critics, but was a virtual flop in sales terms - thanks in part to a Wii casual audience that has so far failed to really embrace hardcore games.
Okami will be getting a sequel, albeit on the DS rather than the Wii, despite the game wowing critics on Nintendo's format as well as the PS2. A MadWorld follow-up seems unlikely at this stage.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date