Kotick moots console-free Guitar Hero
Yet more from Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick now from the Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference now, the big cheese telling the San Francisco gathering that a console-less Guitar Hero is on the way.
"You should expect to see many of our products to be playable on the television independent of a console," he revealed, teasingly.
"I think what the untethered Guitar Hero does is it maybe equals the playing field a little bit more and gives you leverage with first parties on downloadable content and the business model."
Quite what kind of hardware would be created in order to make this console-less offering possible is unclear, but we already know Activision aren't afraid of expensive peripherals, making this seem like the next logical step for the firm.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO