Kotick moots console-free Guitar Hero
Yet more from Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick now from the Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference now, the big cheese telling the San Francisco gathering that a console-less Guitar Hero is on the way.
"You should expect to see many of our products to be playable on the television independent of a console," he revealed, teasingly.
"I think what the untethered Guitar Hero does is it maybe equals the playing field a little bit more and gives you leverage with first parties on downloadable content and the business model."
Quite what kind of hardware would be created in order to make this console-less offering possible is unclear, but we already know Activision aren't afraid of expensive peripherals, making this seem like the next logical step for the firm.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced