Kotick moots console-free Guitar Hero
Yet more from Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick now from the Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference now, the big cheese telling the San Francisco gathering that a console-less Guitar Hero is on the way.
"You should expect to see many of our products to be playable on the television independent of a console," he revealed, teasingly.
"I think what the untethered Guitar Hero does is it maybe equals the playing field a little bit more and gives you leverage with first parties on downloadable content and the business model."
Quite what kind of hardware would be created in order to make this console-less offering possible is unclear, but we already know Activision aren't afraid of expensive peripherals, making this seem like the next logical step for the firm.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey