Kotick moots console-free Guitar Hero
Yet more from Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick now from the Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference now, the big cheese telling the San Francisco gathering that a console-less Guitar Hero is on the way.
"You should expect to see many of our products to be playable on the television independent of a console," he revealed, teasingly.
"I think what the untethered Guitar Hero does is it maybe equals the playing field a little bit more and gives you leverage with first parties on downloadable content and the business model."
Quite what kind of hardware would be created in order to make this console-less offering possible is unclear, but we already know Activision aren't afraid of expensive peripherals, making this seem like the next logical step for the firm.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year