Kotick moots console-free Guitar Hero
Yet more from Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick now from the Deutsche Bank Securities Technology Conference now, the big cheese telling the San Francisco gathering that a console-less Guitar Hero is on the way.
"You should expect to see many of our products to be playable on the television independent of a console," he revealed, teasingly.
"I think what the untethered Guitar Hero does is it maybe equals the playing field a little bit more and gives you leverage with first parties on downloadable content and the business model."
Quite what kind of hardware would be created in order to make this console-less offering possible is unclear, but we already know Activision aren't afraid of expensive peripherals, making this seem like the next logical step for the firm.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3