Daft Punk music to be included in DJ Hero
French dance musicians Daft Punk aren't usually to be found in video games, but DJ Hero has apparently lured them into the virtual arena, the band's music set for inclusion in Activision's dance title this Christmas.
Eleven mixes plus two 'megamixes' will be included from Daft Punk, with the full title - which boasts a unique turntable controller - set to arrive on the 27th of October.
"Partnering with Daft Punk is a rare opportunity in any medium and we are extremely honored to have worked with them so closely on integrating into DJ Hero in such a compelling way," beams Tim Riley, Guitar Hero music bigwig.
"This is the first time in a video game that fans will have this kind of direct interaction with Daft Punk while also experiencing never-before-released mixes that feature some of their most popular tracks. It's amazing working with Daft Punk as they are the quintessential electronic music act known around the world for their unique style and music."
DJ Hero will sport 100 individual songs, we're told, crossing a number of DJ-linked music genres such as dance, hip-hop, pop and more.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes