Daft Punk music to be included in DJ Hero
French dance musicians Daft Punk aren't usually to be found in video games, but DJ Hero has apparently lured them into the virtual arena, the band's music set for inclusion in Activision's dance title this Christmas.
Eleven mixes plus two 'megamixes' will be included from Daft Punk, with the full title - which boasts a unique turntable controller - set to arrive on the 27th of October.
"Partnering with Daft Punk is a rare opportunity in any medium and we are extremely honored to have worked with them so closely on integrating into DJ Hero in such a compelling way," beams Tim Riley, Guitar Hero music bigwig.
"This is the first time in a video game that fans will have this kind of direct interaction with Daft Punk while also experiencing never-before-released mixes that feature some of their most popular tracks. It's amazing working with Daft Punk as they are the quintessential electronic music act known around the world for their unique style and music."
DJ Hero will sport 100 individual songs, we're told, crossing a number of DJ-linked music genres such as dance, hip-hop, pop and more.
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims
- Capcom using Unreal Engine 4 for Street Fighter V
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer