Daft Punk music to be included in DJ Hero
French dance musicians Daft Punk aren't usually to be found in video games, but DJ Hero has apparently lured them into the virtual arena, the band's music set for inclusion in Activision's dance title this Christmas.
Eleven mixes plus two 'megamixes' will be included from Daft Punk, with the full title - which boasts a unique turntable controller - set to arrive on the 27th of October.
"Partnering with Daft Punk is a rare opportunity in any medium and we are extremely honored to have worked with them so closely on integrating into DJ Hero in such a compelling way," beams Tim Riley, Guitar Hero music bigwig.
"This is the first time in a video game that fans will have this kind of direct interaction with Daft Punk while also experiencing never-before-released mixes that feature some of their most popular tracks. It's amazing working with Daft Punk as they are the quintessential electronic music act known around the world for their unique style and music."
DJ Hero will sport 100 individual songs, we're told, crossing a number of DJ-linked music genres such as dance, hip-hop, pop and more.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year