Guitar Hero 5 beating The Beatles in the UK
The latest UK games charts are in, Guitar Hero 5 beating The Beatles: Rock Band to the top of the all-formats chart in what looks set to be quite a tussle.
Apparently, this is the first time a Guitar Hero title has debuted at the top of the all-formats chart, the presence of the heavily marketed Beatles tie-in making this doubly impressive.
The Beatles: Rock Band enters the chart at four - the highest chart positioning for the Rock Band series, too. Colin mcRae: DiRT 2 enters the list in second place, pushing Batman: Arkham Asylum down to three.
Wii Fit is fifth, Wii Sports Resort sixth, IL-2 Sturmikov: Birds of Prey entering in seventh, followed by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Mario Kart Wii and Ashes Cricket 2009.
However, it seems this week is all about the music game genre, the new GH and RB releases seemingly bucking a downward trend for the category. We'll keep you posted on this.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3