Guitar Hero 5 beating The Beatles in the UK
The latest UK games charts are in, Guitar Hero 5 beating The Beatles: Rock Band to the top of the all-formats chart in what looks set to be quite a tussle.
Apparently, this is the first time a Guitar Hero title has debuted at the top of the all-formats chart, the presence of the heavily marketed Beatles tie-in making this doubly impressive.
The Beatles: Rock Band enters the chart at four - the highest chart positioning for the Rock Band series, too. Colin mcRae: DiRT 2 enters the list in second place, pushing Batman: Arkham Asylum down to three.
Wii Fit is fifth, Wii Sports Resort sixth, IL-2 Sturmikov: Birds of Prey entering in seventh, followed by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Mario Kart Wii and Ashes Cricket 2009.
However, it seems this week is all about the music game genre, the new GH and RB releases seemingly bucking a downward trend for the category. We'll keep you posted on this.
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings