Guitar Hero 5 beating The Beatles in the UK
The latest UK games charts are in, Guitar Hero 5 beating The Beatles: Rock Band to the top of the all-formats chart in what looks set to be quite a tussle.
Apparently, this is the first time a Guitar Hero title has debuted at the top of the all-formats chart, the presence of the heavily marketed Beatles tie-in making this doubly impressive.
The Beatles: Rock Band enters the chart at four - the highest chart positioning for the Rock Band series, too. Colin mcRae: DiRT 2 enters the list in second place, pushing Batman: Arkham Asylum down to three.
Wii Fit is fifth, Wii Sports Resort sixth, IL-2 Sturmikov: Birds of Prey entering in seventh, followed by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Mario Kart Wii and Ashes Cricket 2009.
However, it seems this week is all about the music game genre, the new GH and RB releases seemingly bucking a downward trend for the category. We'll keep you posted on this.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter