Guitar Hero 5 beating The Beatles in the UK
The latest UK games charts are in, Guitar Hero 5 beating The Beatles: Rock Band to the top of the all-formats chart in what looks set to be quite a tussle.
Apparently, this is the first time a Guitar Hero title has debuted at the top of the all-formats chart, the presence of the heavily marketed Beatles tie-in making this doubly impressive.
The Beatles: Rock Band enters the chart at four - the highest chart positioning for the Rock Band series, too. Colin mcRae: DiRT 2 enters the list in second place, pushing Batman: Arkham Asylum down to three.
Wii Fit is fifth, Wii Sports Resort sixth, IL-2 Sturmikov: Birds of Prey entering in seventh, followed by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Mario Kart Wii and Ashes Cricket 2009.
However, it seems this week is all about the music game genre, the new GH and RB releases seemingly bucking a downward trend for the category. We'll keep you posted on this.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016