Guitar Hero 5 beating The Beatles in the UK
The latest UK games charts are in, Guitar Hero 5 beating The Beatles: Rock Band to the top of the all-formats chart in what looks set to be quite a tussle.
Apparently, this is the first time a Guitar Hero title has debuted at the top of the all-formats chart, the presence of the heavily marketed Beatles tie-in making this doubly impressive.
The Beatles: Rock Band enters the chart at four - the highest chart positioning for the Rock Band series, too. Colin mcRae: DiRT 2 enters the list in second place, pushing Batman: Arkham Asylum down to three.
Wii Fit is fifth, Wii Sports Resort sixth, IL-2 Sturmikov: Birds of Prey entering in seventh, followed by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Mario Kart Wii and Ashes Cricket 2009.
However, it seems this week is all about the music game genre, the new GH and RB releases seemingly bucking a downward trend for the category. We'll keep you posted on this.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update