New Zune to boast games
The brand new Zune HD media player will be launched by Microsoft tomorrow across North America, and we're told it'll support games-playing, as shown in a new video ahead of the launch.
Despite persistent rumours, Microsoft have yet confirm that the new iPod rival can play games, despite the media and industry watchers talking up Redmond's need to challenge Apple.
Still, the new video assures the device can play games, and there's even a brief clip of a racing title being played on the player.
Quite how games will be delivered to the Zune HD, and what titles will be made available, remains to be seen - but rumours at one time had suggested that Xbox Live Arcade games might work on the gizmo.
More on this as we get it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer