New Zune to boast games
The brand new Zune HD media player will be launched by Microsoft tomorrow across North America, and we're told it'll support games-playing, as shown in a new video ahead of the launch.
Despite persistent rumours, Microsoft have yet confirm that the new iPod rival can play games, despite the media and industry watchers talking up Redmond's need to challenge Apple.
Still, the new video assures the device can play games, and there's even a brief clip of a racing title being played on the player.
Quite how games will be delivered to the Zune HD, and what titles will be made available, remains to be seen - but rumours at one time had suggested that Xbox Live Arcade games might work on the gizmo.
More on this as we get it.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network