Microsoft announces media apps for the Xbox One with launch day support
Microsoft has revealed the media apps that will be supported by the Xbox One from launch day.
There are 13 apps supported in the UK in total, heavy on the movies and TV side with a disappointing lack of North American sports in the line-up with only 4oD's and NOW TV's Sky Sports NFL coverage showing face.
In the US gamers get 19 media apps. These include Amazon Instant, Crackle, CWTV, ESPN, FOX NOW, FXNOW, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, Machinima, MUZU TV, Netflix, Redbox Instant, Target Ticket, TED, The NFL on Xbox One, Twitch, Univision Deportes, Verizon FiOS TV and VUDU.
The Xbox One arrives on November the 22nd in 13 territories including the UK, US and Canada. The full list of territories and the media apps that will be supported from launch is available over on the Xbox News Wire.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3