Microsoft announces media apps for the Xbox One with launch day support
Microsoft has revealed the media apps that will be supported by the Xbox One from launch day.
There are 13 apps supported in the UK in total, heavy on the movies and TV side with a disappointing lack of North American sports in the line-up with only 4oD's and NOW TV's Sky Sports NFL coverage showing face.
In the US gamers get 19 media apps. These include Amazon Instant, Crackle, CWTV, ESPN, FOX NOW, FXNOW, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, Machinima, MUZU TV, Netflix, Redbox Instant, Target Ticket, TED, The NFL on Xbox One, Twitch, Univision Deportes, Verizon FiOS TV and VUDU.
The Xbox One arrives on November the 22nd in 13 territories including the UK, US and Canada. The full list of territories and the media apps that will be supported from launch is available over on the Xbox News Wire.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year