Microsoft announces media apps for the Xbox One with launch day support
Microsoft has revealed the media apps that will be supported by the Xbox One from launch day.
There are 13 apps supported in the UK in total, heavy on the movies and TV side with a disappointing lack of North American sports in the line-up with only 4oD's and NOW TV's Sky Sports NFL coverage showing face.
In the US gamers get 19 media apps. These include Amazon Instant, Crackle, CWTV, ESPN, FOX NOW, FXNOW, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, Machinima, MUZU TV, Netflix, Redbox Instant, Target Ticket, TED, The NFL on Xbox One, Twitch, Univision Deportes, Verizon FiOS TV and VUDU.
The Xbox One arrives on November the 22nd in 13 territories including the UK, US and Canada. The full list of territories and the media apps that will be supported from launch is available over on the Xbox News Wire.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon