Microsoft announces media apps for the Xbox One with launch day support
Microsoft has revealed the media apps that will be supported by the Xbox One from launch day.
There are 13 apps supported in the UK in total, heavy on the movies and TV side with a disappointing lack of North American sports in the line-up with only 4oD's and NOW TV's Sky Sports NFL coverage showing face.
In the US gamers get 19 media apps. These include Amazon Instant, Crackle, CWTV, ESPN, FOX NOW, FXNOW, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, Machinima, MUZU TV, Netflix, Redbox Instant, Target Ticket, TED, The NFL on Xbox One, Twitch, Univision Deportes, Verizon FiOS TV and VUDU.
The Xbox One arrives on November the 22nd in 13 territories including the UK, US and Canada. The full list of territories and the media apps that will be supported from launch is available over on the Xbox News Wire.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto