Microsoft announces media apps for the Xbox One with launch day support
Microsoft has revealed the media apps that will be supported by the Xbox One from launch day.
There are 13 apps supported in the UK in total, heavy on the movies and TV side with a disappointing lack of North American sports in the line-up with only 4oD's and NOW TV's Sky Sports NFL coverage showing face.
In the US gamers get 19 media apps. These include Amazon Instant, Crackle, CWTV, ESPN, FOX NOW, FXNOW, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, Machinima, MUZU TV, Netflix, Redbox Instant, Target Ticket, TED, The NFL on Xbox One, Twitch, Univision Deportes, Verizon FiOS TV and VUDU.
The Xbox One arrives on November the 22nd in 13 territories including the UK, US and Canada. The full list of territories and the media apps that will be supported from launch is available over on the Xbox News Wire.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release