Xbox Live Gold not necessary for EA Access, only required for online play
EA has announced a few more details about their new game streaming service fro Xbox One, EA Access.
They revealed that while it is technically a premium online service requiring a subscription it will not require Xbox One users to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription in order to use it.
EA said in a statement, “Any Xbox One gamer can join EA Access and take advantage of the benefits of membership. In order to connect to multiplayer gameplay on the Xbox One platform you will need a subscription to Xbox Gold."
They have also revealed pricing for UK users. The service will be available to Xbox One users in the UK for 3.99 GBP perr month which is comparable to the US monthly cost of 4.99 USD. Unlike the US though they haven't announced an annual figure for the UK. US gamers have the option of paying a one-off 29.99 USD fee per year.
- Star Citizen hits 55 million USD in funding and makes the Guinness Book Of World Records
- New PS Vita update brings in Themes
- The Last Team Standing update arrives for GTA Online
- Syndicate spiritual successor Satellite Reign gets a new HD gameplay video
- Last chance to back card-collecting RPG Eminence: Xander's Tales on Kickstarter
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks