Xbox Live Gold not necessary for EA Access, only required for online play
EA has announced a few more details about their new game streaming service fro Xbox One, EA Access.
They revealed that while it is technically a premium online service requiring a subscription it will not require Xbox One users to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription in order to use it.
EA said in a statement, “Any Xbox One gamer can join EA Access and take advantage of the benefits of membership. In order to connect to multiplayer gameplay on the Xbox One platform you will need a subscription to Xbox Gold."
They have also revealed pricing for UK users. The service will be available to Xbox One users in the UK for 3.99 GBP perr month which is comparable to the US monthly cost of 4.99 USD. Unlike the US though they haven't announced an annual figure for the UK. US gamers have the option of paying a one-off 29.99 USD fee per year.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date