Xbox Live Gold not necessary for EA Access, only required for online play
EA has announced a few more details about their new game streaming service fro Xbox One, EA Access.
They revealed that while it is technically a premium online service requiring a subscription it will not require Xbox One users to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription in order to use it.
EA said in a statement, “Any Xbox One gamer can join EA Access and take advantage of the benefits of membership. In order to connect to multiplayer gameplay on the Xbox One platform you will need a subscription to Xbox Gold."
They have also revealed pricing for UK users. The service will be available to Xbox One users in the UK for 3.99 GBP perr month which is comparable to the US monthly cost of 4.99 USD. Unlike the US though they haven't announced an annual figure for the UK. US gamers have the option of paying a one-off 29.99 USD fee per year.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light