Xbox Live Gold not necessary for EA Access, only required for online play
EA has announced a few more details about their new game streaming service fro Xbox One, EA Access.
They revealed that while it is technically a premium online service requiring a subscription it will not require Xbox One users to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription in order to use it.
EA said in a statement, “Any Xbox One gamer can join EA Access and take advantage of the benefits of membership. In order to connect to multiplayer gameplay on the Xbox One platform you will need a subscription to Xbox Gold."
They have also revealed pricing for UK users. The service will be available to Xbox One users in the UK for 3.99 GBP perr month which is comparable to the US monthly cost of 4.99 USD. Unlike the US though they haven't announced an annual figure for the UK. US gamers have the option of paying a one-off 29.99 USD fee per year.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto