Xbox Live Gold not necessary for EA Access, only required for online play
EA has announced a few more details about their new game streaming service fro Xbox One, EA Access.
They revealed that while it is technically a premium online service requiring a subscription it will not require Xbox One users to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription in order to use it.
EA said in a statement, “Any Xbox One gamer can join EA Access and take advantage of the benefits of membership. In order to connect to multiplayer gameplay on the Xbox One platform you will need a subscription to Xbox Gold."
They have also revealed pricing for UK users. The service will be available to Xbox One users in the UK for 3.99 GBP perr month which is comparable to the US monthly cost of 4.99 USD. Unlike the US though they haven't announced an annual figure for the UK. US gamers have the option of paying a one-off 29.99 USD fee per year.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey