Everquest gets ever larger
Coming sometime next February Sony Online Entertainment will open new lands for Everquesters to explore. The tantalisingly titled Gates of Discord will feature a new character class, the Berserkers, to get to grips with as well as a host of new mighty weapons and arcane spells. Twenty new zones will make an appearance including a huge new ship city zone which comes stuffed to the gunwales with merchants, tradesman and quest-givers.
A bunch of new story driven quests will be there for the taking along with new higher tradeskill recipes for the creation of hundreds of new items. There will be 100 Alternative Advancement Abilities offering new character advancement opportunities and a whole new continent rumoured to hold the secrets to the future of Norrath - Taelosia, will make its debut appearance.
"Players will face the greatest threat to Norrath and the chaos of a realm yet undiscovered. Norrathians will need to unite with the Wayfarers Brotherhood to oppose this mighty force," commented Michael Lustenberger, director of product marketing, Sony Online Entertainment. "In preparation for one of the most epic adventures yet, the Gates of Discord will offer players alternate advancement abilities, leadership experience, the Berserker melee class and vast new areas and zones to explore."
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side