Sony discuss future evolution of Home
Chatting in Japan at the CESA Developers Conference, Sony executive Masami Kando has detailed some of the work being undertaken on Home (thanks Joystiq).
A future update to the online virtual world will allow users to access the PlayStation Store, downloading demos and entering directly into online play sessions.
Radio, podcasts and even television (complete with adverts) will also be added to Home, and this content will be synchronised between users.
A sort-of pet robot was also shown off in Home, your mechanical pal reacting to your calls without direct controls - and this feature too could add another dimension to the currently occasionally spartan Home experience.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon