Sony discuss future evolution of Home
Chatting in Japan at the CESA Developers Conference, Sony executive Masami Kando has detailed some of the work being undertaken on Home (thanks Joystiq).
A future update to the online virtual world will allow users to access the PlayStation Store, downloading demos and entering directly into online play sessions.
Radio, podcasts and even television (complete with adverts) will also be added to Home, and this content will be synchronised between users.
A sort-of pet robot was also shown off in Home, your mechanical pal reacting to your calls without direct controls - and this feature too could add another dimension to the currently occasionally spartan Home experience.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft