Trials HD dev inspired by motion control
Speaking online this week, the developer of Trials HD has said that the potential of new motion control systems for the PS3 and Xbox 360 are huge.
RedLynx CEO Tero Virtala says that Natal and the PS3 motion controller could usher in new kinds of gameplay, as we as attracting new a new audience to gaming. This is kind of what Sony and Microsoft are hoping for, we imagine.
"The motion controls definitely expand the possibilities for whole new game experiences. New type of games, interactive experiences, new type of audiences. There are number of interesting developments that we all have seen in the press. If we would have to hand-pick one of the most interesting ones, we would most likely choose Project Natal," Virtala enthused.
"Motion controlling without the controller - with full body and movement mapping - it could be a leap to the next dimension, not just one more development step among motion controllers.
"In any case, our focus has always been multiplatform, and we've been many times working with new devices and platforms, so these new motion controllers definitely are of high interest."
Apparently Trials HD could make it to the PS3 one day, although DLC for the Xbox Live Arcade release remains a focus for now.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone