Trials HD dev inspired by motion control
Speaking online this week, the developer of Trials HD has said that the potential of new motion control systems for the PS3 and Xbox 360 are huge.
RedLynx CEO Tero Virtala says that Natal and the PS3 motion controller could usher in new kinds of gameplay, as we as attracting new a new audience to gaming. This is kind of what Sony and Microsoft are hoping for, we imagine.
"The motion controls definitely expand the possibilities for whole new game experiences. New type of games, interactive experiences, new type of audiences. There are number of interesting developments that we all have seen in the press. If we would have to hand-pick one of the most interesting ones, we would most likely choose Project Natal," Virtala enthused.
"Motion controlling without the controller - with full body and movement mapping - it could be a leap to the next dimension, not just one more development step among motion controllers.
"In any case, our focus has always been multiplatform, and we've been many times working with new devices and platforms, so these new motion controllers definitely are of high interest."
Apparently Trials HD could make it to the PS3 one day, although DLC for the Xbox Live Arcade release remains a focus for now.
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue