God of War oldies miss Europe this year
Word in from UK blog VG247 today informs us that Sony's recently confirmed re-releases of God of War I and II could miss out on a European release in 2009.
The PS3 spruce-ups of the seminal PS2 titles, which have been earmarked for a Blu-ray debut this side of Christmas, will sadly not make it to the continent in the same time frame.
"We are currently looking into options to bring God of War I and II to SCEE consumers on PS3; however it will not be possible to release the games this calendar year. We will provide further information in due course," enthuses word from Sony.
The new remakes will sport lavish HD visuals, Trophy support and more, and will be released as part of the God of War Collection this winter stateside.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year