God of War oldies miss Europe this year
Word in from UK blog VG247 today informs us that Sony's recently confirmed re-releases of God of War I and II could miss out on a European release in 2009.
The PS3 spruce-ups of the seminal PS2 titles, which have been earmarked for a Blu-ray debut this side of Christmas, will sadly not make it to the continent in the same time frame.
"We are currently looking into options to bring God of War I and II to SCEE consumers on PS3; however it will not be possible to release the games this calendar year. We will provide further information in due course," enthuses word from Sony.
The new remakes will sport lavish HD visuals, Trophy support and more, and will be released as part of the God of War Collection this winter stateside.
- Deep Silver to publish Kenji Inafune's Mighty No. 9, heading for a September release
- D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is coming to PC
- Konami voluntarily delists itself from the New York Stock Exchange
- Paid Skyrim mods become the shortest experiment in Steam history
- Warner Bros announces Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition
- New Just Cause 3 gameplay trailer features all of the destruction
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch