Take-Two talk digital download future
Take-Two have been indulging in a spot of soothsaying in their third-quarter financial briefing, the firm noting that digital delivery is only going to get bigger, while new formats like the iPhone offer major opportunities.
Take-Two assure that both these emerging facets are a key part of their business plans for the future, while mobile formats in particular will be exploited better - given that "six out of 20" people now have a gaming-capable device.
"We are proud of our intellectual properties and we think we have the best collection in the industry. To bring that to mobile devices is important, because not all consumers have a console, or PC for that matter," CEO Ben Feder offers, talking to investors.
"We are going to continue to support mobile as it's an opportunity we cant ignore, and what ever platform we are producing for should be no less than a AAA title."
On digital delivery it sounds as if Take-Two have more plans afoot than they've currently announced, we'll keep our eyes peeled for more news.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015