Funcom opens new Montreal Studio
Age of Conan creators Funcom have opened a brand, spanking new development studio in Montreal - the Quebec city that offers huge tax breaks and other incentives to game makers.
The new studio will be home to Funcom's new project, The Secret World, although there will still be some collabouration between studios on the project.
Funcom vice president of operations Ole Schreiner will head-up the new outfit, according to Gamasutra.
"We are excited about the opportunity that Montreal represents to our company, not only because of the great incentives offered by Quebec, but also the authorities' strong commitment to training qualified video games personnel and building a video games cluster in Montreal and Quebec," Schreiner offers. More soon.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey