Funcom opens new Montreal Studio
Age of Conan creators Funcom have opened a brand, spanking new development studio in Montreal - the Quebec city that offers huge tax breaks and other incentives to game makers.
The new studio will be home to Funcom's new project, The Secret World, although there will still be some collabouration between studios on the project.
Funcom vice president of operations Ole Schreiner will head-up the new outfit, according to Gamasutra.
"We are excited about the opportunity that Montreal represents to our company, not only because of the great incentives offered by Quebec, but also the authorities' strong commitment to training qualified video games personnel and building a video games cluster in Montreal and Quebec," Schreiner offers. More soon.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access