Funcom opens new Montreal Studio
Age of Conan creators Funcom have opened a brand, spanking new development studio in Montreal - the Quebec city that offers huge tax breaks and other incentives to game makers.
The new studio will be home to Funcom's new project, The Secret World, although there will still be some collabouration between studios on the project.
Funcom vice president of operations Ole Schreiner will head-up the new outfit, according to Gamasutra.
"We are excited about the opportunity that Montreal represents to our company, not only because of the great incentives offered by Quebec, but also the authorities' strong commitment to training qualified video games personnel and building a video games cluster in Montreal and Quebec," Schreiner offers. More soon.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below