Funcom opens new Montreal Studio
Age of Conan creators Funcom have opened a brand, spanking new development studio in Montreal - the Quebec city that offers huge tax breaks and other incentives to game makers.
The new studio will be home to Funcom's new project, The Secret World, although there will still be some collabouration between studios on the project.
Funcom vice president of operations Ole Schreiner will head-up the new outfit, according to Gamasutra.
"We are excited about the opportunity that Montreal represents to our company, not only because of the great incentives offered by Quebec, but also the authorities' strong commitment to training qualified video games personnel and building a video games cluster in Montreal and Quebec," Schreiner offers. More soon.
- Sony gets all generous with Decembers PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today