Funcom opens new Montreal Studio
Age of Conan creators Funcom have opened a brand, spanking new development studio in Montreal - the Quebec city that offers huge tax breaks and other incentives to game makers.
The new studio will be home to Funcom's new project, The Secret World, although there will still be some collabouration between studios on the project.
Funcom vice president of operations Ole Schreiner will head-up the new outfit, according to Gamasutra.
"We are excited about the opportunity that Montreal represents to our company, not only because of the great incentives offered by Quebec, but also the authorities' strong commitment to training qualified video games personnel and building a video games cluster in Montreal and Quebec," Schreiner offers. More soon.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title