Blizzard tease over secret MMO
Paul Sams, COO of Blizzard, has told Wired magazine that the game maker's brand new MMO will not steal users from World of Warcraft, but rather it will exist alongside it - giving players the option to move over from WoW should they wish to.
Sams says the new online title will be different enough to attract new fans, preventing players from having to "pick and choose".
He continues: "My feeling is that they're distinct enough to where you're going to say, 'Okay, I have all my friends over here. I dig this, I have a lot of time and energy in this, I've got these characters and my guild, and this that and the other.' So I have connectivity there, and I want to continue that connectivity. But man, I think, 'Well, this is awesome, and I want to go check this out too.'
"And so maybe they'll split a little over time, or maybe they'll decide they don't want to play WoW anymore, and they'll go and play this other thing. That's a high-class problem to have. As long as those folks are hanging out with us, which I believe they will be because we're going to keep providing the best experience you can have."
The COO was quick to add that if players do end up moving over from WoW in their droves then that's a 'problem' Blizzard are willing to work through.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat