Blizzard tease over secret MMO
Paul Sams, COO of Blizzard, has told Wired magazine that the game maker's brand new MMO will not steal users from World of Warcraft, but rather it will exist alongside it - giving players the option to move over from WoW should they wish to.
Sams says the new online title will be different enough to attract new fans, preventing players from having to "pick and choose".
He continues: "My feeling is that they're distinct enough to where you're going to say, 'Okay, I have all my friends over here. I dig this, I have a lot of time and energy in this, I've got these characters and my guild, and this that and the other.' So I have connectivity there, and I want to continue that connectivity. But man, I think, 'Well, this is awesome, and I want to go check this out too.'
"And so maybe they'll split a little over time, or maybe they'll decide they don't want to play WoW anymore, and they'll go and play this other thing. That's a high-class problem to have. As long as those folks are hanging out with us, which I believe they will be because we're going to keep providing the best experience you can have."
The COO was quick to add that if players do end up moving over from WoW in their droves then that's a 'problem' Blizzard are willing to work through.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light