Okami sequel confirmed for DS
A DS-based sequel to Capcom RPG hit Okami has been confirmed this week, Okamiden set to hit the DS handheld in Japan next year.
Okamiden: Chiisaki Taiyo will be shown off at the Tokyo Game Show for the first time, and the interweb tells me that this translates roughly as Okami Legend: The Small Sun. The title will be created within Capcom - unlike the original Okami, which was the work of Clover.
"Around December last year, Matsushita came up to me and talked about making a new Okami that could be enjoyed in portable format. He's very passionate about the game, and he already had a test version created by that time that was extremely high quality, fully capturing Okami's unique visuals. Seeing that, I thought we were safe to make it an official project," producer Motohide Eshiro tells Famitsu.
Director Kuniomi Matsushita chimes in: "As you know, Okami's visuals and game system are extmely unique. The original idea was to take what makes this game special and expose it to more people. That was why we chose the Nintendo DS - being on a portable system will allow people to easily pick up and play it, and you can also use the touch pen as a brush."
The game picks up where the original Okami ended. Thanks 1UP.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold