Okami sequel confirmed for DS
A DS-based sequel to Capcom RPG hit Okami has been confirmed this week, Okamiden set to hit the DS handheld in Japan next year.
Okamiden: Chiisaki Taiyo will be shown off at the Tokyo Game Show for the first time, and the interweb tells me that this translates roughly as Okami Legend: The Small Sun. The title will be created within Capcom - unlike the original Okami, which was the work of Clover.
"Around December last year, Matsushita came up to me and talked about making a new Okami that could be enjoyed in portable format. He's very passionate about the game, and he already had a test version created by that time that was extremely high quality, fully capturing Okami's unique visuals. Seeing that, I thought we were safe to make it an official project," producer Motohide Eshiro tells Famitsu.
Director Kuniomi Matsushita chimes in: "As you know, Okami's visuals and game system are extmely unique. The original idea was to take what makes this game special and expose it to more people. That was why we chose the Nintendo DS - being on a portable system will allow people to easily pick up and play it, and you can also use the touch pen as a brush."
The game picks up where the original Okami ended. Thanks 1UP.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims