MTV paid big for Beatles rights
The deal which sees The Beatles starring in their own rock band game is big, we knew this already, but despite music game sales flagging, we today hear this this is comfortably the biggest music game ever mustered.
According to a report in the LA Times, this is one of the biggest videogaming deals ever - the publication speculating that MTV must have paid between 10 and 40 million USD for the rights.
"The royalty rates on this are not even comparable to anything that has been done before," Sony/ATV boss Martin Bandier told the newspaper.
We'll have more on The Beatles' videogame debut very soon.
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare