MTV paid big for Beatles rights
The deal which sees The Beatles starring in their own rock band game is big, we knew this already, but despite music game sales flagging, we today hear this this is comfortably the biggest music game ever mustered.
According to a report in the LA Times, this is one of the biggest videogaming deals ever - the publication speculating that MTV must have paid between 10 and 40 million USD for the rights.
"The royalty rates on this are not even comparable to anything that has been done before," Sony/ATV boss Martin Bandier told the newspaper.
We'll have more on The Beatles' videogame debut very soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3