MTV paid big for Beatles rights
The deal which sees The Beatles starring in their own rock band game is big, we knew this already, but despite music game sales flagging, we today hear this this is comfortably the biggest music game ever mustered.
According to a report in the LA Times, this is one of the biggest videogaming deals ever - the publication speculating that MTV must have paid between 10 and 40 million USD for the rights.
"The royalty rates on this are not even comparable to anything that has been done before," Sony/ATV boss Martin Bandier told the newspaper.
We'll have more on The Beatles' videogame debut very soon.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year