MTV paid big for Beatles rights
The deal which sees The Beatles starring in their own rock band game is big, we knew this already, but despite music game sales flagging, we today hear this this is comfortably the biggest music game ever mustered.
According to a report in the LA Times, this is one of the biggest videogaming deals ever - the publication speculating that MTV must have paid between 10 and 40 million USD for the rights.
"The royalty rates on this are not even comparable to anything that has been done before," Sony/ATV boss Martin Bandier told the newspaper.
We'll have more on The Beatles' videogame debut very soon.
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year