MTV paid big for Beatles rights
The deal which sees The Beatles starring in their own rock band game is big, we knew this already, but despite music game sales flagging, we today hear this this is comfortably the biggest music game ever mustered.
According to a report in the LA Times, this is one of the biggest videogaming deals ever - the publication speculating that MTV must have paid between 10 and 40 million USD for the rights.
"The royalty rates on this are not even comparable to anything that has been done before," Sony/ATV boss Martin Bandier told the newspaper.
We'll have more on The Beatles' videogame debut very soon.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone