Kurt Cobain playable in GH5
Legendary Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain will be included as a playable character in Guitar Hero 5, Activision have confirmed.
Controlled by the player, the new music game will include the pioneering rocker's likeness, which you'll control through hits Smells Like Teen Spirit and - impressively - an unreleased live recording of Lithium. Both tracks are taken from the band's seminal Nevermind album.
"Kurt Cobain is one of the most recognizable frontmen in rock 'n' roll history and it's an honor to have two of Nirvana's masterpieces included in Guitar Hero 5," beamed Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs for Activision.
"This is the first time the original recording of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' has ever been licensed in an entertainment property and we're thrilled to offer Guitar Hero fans exclusive access to the unreleased live version of Lithium.'"
GH5 will hit every format under the sun in September.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015