Kurt Cobain playable in GH5
Legendary Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain will be included as a playable character in Guitar Hero 5, Activision have confirmed.
Controlled by the player, the new music game will include the pioneering rocker's likeness, which you'll control through hits Smells Like Teen Spirit and - impressively - an unreleased live recording of Lithium. Both tracks are taken from the band's seminal Nevermind album.
"Kurt Cobain is one of the most recognizable frontmen in rock 'n' roll history and it's an honor to have two of Nirvana's masterpieces included in Guitar Hero 5," beamed Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs for Activision.
"This is the first time the original recording of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' has ever been licensed in an entertainment property and we're thrilled to offer Guitar Hero fans exclusive access to the unreleased live version of Lithium.'"
GH5 will hit every format under the sun in September.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below