Kurt Cobain playable in GH5
Legendary Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain will be included as a playable character in Guitar Hero 5, Activision have confirmed.
Controlled by the player, the new music game will include the pioneering rocker's likeness, which you'll control through hits Smells Like Teen Spirit and - impressively - an unreleased live recording of Lithium. Both tracks are taken from the band's seminal Nevermind album.
"Kurt Cobain is one of the most recognizable frontmen in rock 'n' roll history and it's an honor to have two of Nirvana's masterpieces included in Guitar Hero 5," beamed Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs for Activision.
"This is the first time the original recording of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' has ever been licensed in an entertainment property and we're thrilled to offer Guitar Hero fans exclusive access to the unreleased live version of Lithium.'"
GH5 will hit every format under the sun in September.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer