Kurt Cobain playable in GH5
Legendary Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain will be included as a playable character in Guitar Hero 5, Activision have confirmed.
Controlled by the player, the new music game will include the pioneering rocker's likeness, which you'll control through hits Smells Like Teen Spirit and - impressively - an unreleased live recording of Lithium. Both tracks are taken from the band's seminal Nevermind album.
"Kurt Cobain is one of the most recognizable frontmen in rock 'n' roll history and it's an honor to have two of Nirvana's masterpieces included in Guitar Hero 5," beamed Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs for Activision.
"This is the first time the original recording of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' has ever been licensed in an entertainment property and we're thrilled to offer Guitar Hero fans exclusive access to the unreleased live version of Lithium.'"
GH5 will hit every format under the sun in September.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree