Kurt Cobain playable in GH5
Legendary Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain will be included as a playable character in Guitar Hero 5, Activision have confirmed.
Controlled by the player, the new music game will include the pioneering rocker's likeness, which you'll control through hits Smells Like Teen Spirit and - impressively - an unreleased live recording of Lithium. Both tracks are taken from the band's seminal Nevermind album.
"Kurt Cobain is one of the most recognizable frontmen in rock 'n' roll history and it's an honor to have two of Nirvana's masterpieces included in Guitar Hero 5," beamed Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs for Activision.
"This is the first time the original recording of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' has ever been licensed in an entertainment property and we're thrilled to offer Guitar Hero fans exclusive access to the unreleased live version of Lithium.'"
GH5 will hit every format under the sun in September.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto