Silver Live users will get social trial
Laying to rest all the debate over Xbox Live's implementation of the social features set to arrive this winter, we learn that Facebook and Twitter will be available to Silver users for a free trial period, but will eventually be exclusive to Gold-level subscribers.
"Facebook and Twitter on Xbox Live will be free to Gold members, with a free trial period also available for Silver members. Facebook and Twitter on Xbox Live will offer a truly one-of-a-kind social experience, completely optimized for the TV and seamlessly integrated onto your console," reads word from Microsoft, directed to blog VG247.
"Add to that exclusive access to Last.fm, Netflix instant streaming, demos, trailers and discounts, plus the best multiplayer gaming network on the planet, and we're confident Xbox Live Gold memberships is hands-down the best value in home entertainment. We're committed to adding new features and value for our Gold members, and will continue to do so."
We'll have more on this soon.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes