Silver Live users will get social trial
Laying to rest all the debate over Xbox Live's implementation of the social features set to arrive this winter, we learn that Facebook and Twitter will be available to Silver users for a free trial period, but will eventually be exclusive to Gold-level subscribers.
"Facebook and Twitter on Xbox Live will be free to Gold members, with a free trial period also available for Silver members. Facebook and Twitter on Xbox Live will offer a truly one-of-a-kind social experience, completely optimized for the TV and seamlessly integrated onto your console," reads word from Microsoft, directed to blog VG247.
"Add to that exclusive access to Last.fm, Netflix instant streaming, demos, trailers and discounts, plus the best multiplayer gaming network on the planet, and we're confident Xbox Live Gold memberships is hands-down the best value in home entertainment. We're committed to adding new features and value for our Gold members, and will continue to do so."
We'll have more on this soon.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year