Silver Live users will get social trial
Laying to rest all the debate over Xbox Live's implementation of the social features set to arrive this winter, we learn that Facebook and Twitter will be available to Silver users for a free trial period, but will eventually be exclusive to Gold-level subscribers.
"Facebook and Twitter on Xbox Live will be free to Gold members, with a free trial period also available for Silver members. Facebook and Twitter on Xbox Live will offer a truly one-of-a-kind social experience, completely optimized for the TV and seamlessly integrated onto your console," reads word from Microsoft, directed to blog VG247.
"Add to that exclusive access to Last.fm, Netflix instant streaming, demos, trailers and discounts, plus the best multiplayer gaming network on the planet, and we're confident Xbox Live Gold memberships is hands-down the best value in home entertainment. We're committed to adding new features and value for our Gold members, and will continue to do so."
We'll have more on this soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3