Silver Live users will get social trial
Laying to rest all the debate over Xbox Live's implementation of the social features set to arrive this winter, we learn that Facebook and Twitter will be available to Silver users for a free trial period, but will eventually be exclusive to Gold-level subscribers.
"Facebook and Twitter on Xbox Live will be free to Gold members, with a free trial period also available for Silver members. Facebook and Twitter on Xbox Live will offer a truly one-of-a-kind social experience, completely optimized for the TV and seamlessly integrated onto your console," reads word from Microsoft, directed to blog VG247.
"Add to that exclusive access to Last.fm, Netflix instant streaming, demos, trailers and discounts, plus the best multiplayer gaming network on the planet, and we're confident Xbox Live Gold memberships is hands-down the best value in home entertainment. We're committed to adding new features and value for our Gold members, and will continue to do so."
We'll have more on this soon.
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced