Silver Live users will get social trial
Laying to rest all the debate over Xbox Live's implementation of the social features set to arrive this winter, we learn that Facebook and Twitter will be available to Silver users for a free trial period, but will eventually be exclusive to Gold-level subscribers.
"Facebook and Twitter on Xbox Live will be free to Gold members, with a free trial period also available for Silver members. Facebook and Twitter on Xbox Live will offer a truly one-of-a-kind social experience, completely optimized for the TV and seamlessly integrated onto your console," reads word from Microsoft, directed to blog VG247.
"Add to that exclusive access to Last.fm, Netflix instant streaming, demos, trailers and discounts, plus the best multiplayer gaming network on the planet, and we're confident Xbox Live Gold memberships is hands-down the best value in home entertainment. We're committed to adding new features and value for our Gold members, and will continue to do so."
We'll have more on this soon.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon