Social features only for Xbox Live Gold users?
Facebook and Twitter functionality is set to hit Xbox Live this winter, alongside Last.fm access, Microsoft confirming today that to use the services you might need to be a Gold level subscriber.
Word on the move - which is hardly unexpected - came buried within news of the Xbox 360's new worldwide pricing, but there is now some doubt over this.
"Xbox Live Gold Membership will be required for Twitter and Facebook when they are available, and is required for Netflix. Games, media content and Netflix membership are sold separately; a hard drive is required for storage," reads the official release from Redmond.
This information was followed by word from the firm stating that Microsoft are still 'formulating' their plans - and a final decision is yet to be made. Confusion abound, it would seem.
More on this as the evenings draw in.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto