Social features only for Xbox Live Gold users?
Facebook and Twitter functionality is set to hit Xbox Live this winter, alongside Last.fm access, Microsoft confirming today that to use the services you might need to be a Gold level subscriber.
Word on the move - which is hardly unexpected - came buried within news of the Xbox 360's new worldwide pricing, but there is now some doubt over this.
"Xbox Live Gold Membership will be required for Twitter and Facebook when they are available, and is required for Netflix. Games, media content and Netflix membership are sold separately; a hard drive is required for storage," reads the official release from Redmond.
This information was followed by word from the firm stating that Microsoft are still 'formulating' their plans - and a final decision is yet to be made. Confusion abound, it would seem.
More on this as the evenings draw in.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light