Social features only for Xbox Live Gold users?
Facebook and Twitter functionality is set to hit Xbox Live this winter, alongside Last.fm access, Microsoft confirming today that to use the services you might need to be a Gold level subscriber.
Word on the move - which is hardly unexpected - came buried within news of the Xbox 360's new worldwide pricing, but there is now some doubt over this.
"Xbox Live Gold Membership will be required for Twitter and Facebook when they are available, and is required for Netflix. Games, media content and Netflix membership are sold separately; a hard drive is required for storage," reads the official release from Redmond.
This information was followed by word from the firm stating that Microsoft are still 'formulating' their plans - and a final decision is yet to be made. Confusion abound, it would seem.
More on this as the evenings draw in.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week