Sony discuss motion control launch plans
Chatting with Eurogamer, Sony executive Shuhei Yoshida has said that games launching alongside the PS3 motion controller next spring will only use one 'wand' control.
The boss says that games for the system will eventually use two wands, as in the E3 demonstration, but will be somewhat simpler at launch.
"The ultimate goal or wish for us is if you have two controllers, like we demoed at E3, we can do something really amazing," Yoshida explained.
"It's like putting your arms into the TV, like a gaming space, and you have total control of the 3D space in front of you, but because of cost-of-goods and, you know, people have to have the PlayStation Eye camera as well, we are approaching the launch by making sure that all games that we create can be played with one controller and the camera.
"We will also introduce options for if you happen to have more than one controller available. Experiences will be enhanced if you purchase a second."
The system will support four wands in total. We'll bring you more as we get it.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year