Sony discuss motion control launch plans
Chatting with Eurogamer, Sony executive Shuhei Yoshida has said that games launching alongside the PS3 motion controller next spring will only use one 'wand' control.
The boss says that games for the system will eventually use two wands, as in the E3 demonstration, but will be somewhat simpler at launch.
"The ultimate goal or wish for us is if you have two controllers, like we demoed at E3, we can do something really amazing," Yoshida explained.
"It's like putting your arms into the TV, like a gaming space, and you have total control of the 3D space in front of you, but because of cost-of-goods and, you know, people have to have the PlayStation Eye camera as well, we are approaching the launch by making sure that all games that we create can be played with one controller and the camera.
"We will also introduce options for if you happen to have more than one controller available. Experiences will be enhanced if you purchase a second."
The system will support four wands in total. We'll bring you more as we get it.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update