Sony discuss motion control launch plans
Chatting with Eurogamer, Sony executive Shuhei Yoshida has said that games launching alongside the PS3 motion controller next spring will only use one 'wand' control.
The boss says that games for the system will eventually use two wands, as in the E3 demonstration, but will be somewhat simpler at launch.
"The ultimate goal or wish for us is if you have two controllers, like we demoed at E3, we can do something really amazing," Yoshida explained.
"It's like putting your arms into the TV, like a gaming space, and you have total control of the 3D space in front of you, but because of cost-of-goods and, you know, people have to have the PlayStation Eye camera as well, we are approaching the launch by making sure that all games that we create can be played with one controller and the camera.
"We will also introduce options for if you happen to have more than one controller available. Experiences will be enhanced if you purchase a second."
The system will support four wands in total. We'll bring you more as we get it.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released