Sony discuss motion control launch plans
Chatting with Eurogamer, Sony executive Shuhei Yoshida has said that games launching alongside the PS3 motion controller next spring will only use one 'wand' control.
The boss says that games for the system will eventually use two wands, as in the E3 demonstration, but will be somewhat simpler at launch.
"The ultimate goal or wish for us is if you have two controllers, like we demoed at E3, we can do something really amazing," Yoshida explained.
"It's like putting your arms into the TV, like a gaming space, and you have total control of the 3D space in front of you, but because of cost-of-goods and, you know, people have to have the PlayStation Eye camera as well, we are approaching the launch by making sure that all games that we create can be played with one controller and the camera.
"We will also introduce options for if you happen to have more than one controller available. Experiences will be enhanced if you purchase a second."
The system will support four wands in total. We'll bring you more as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3