Sony discuss motion control launch plans
Chatting with Eurogamer, Sony executive Shuhei Yoshida has said that games launching alongside the PS3 motion controller next spring will only use one 'wand' control.
The boss says that games for the system will eventually use two wands, as in the E3 demonstration, but will be somewhat simpler at launch.
"The ultimate goal or wish for us is if you have two controllers, like we demoed at E3, we can do something really amazing," Yoshida explained.
"It's like putting your arms into the TV, like a gaming space, and you have total control of the 3D space in front of you, but because of cost-of-goods and, you know, people have to have the PlayStation Eye camera as well, we are approaching the launch by making sure that all games that we create can be played with one controller and the camera.
"We will also introduce options for if you happen to have more than one controller available. Experiences will be enhanced if you purchase a second."
The system will support four wands in total. We'll bring you more as we get it.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold