New game due from Viewtiful creator
A report on 1up.com today informs us that the creator of the critically-adored Viewtiful Joe has a new game up his sleeve, work on which is already under way. Director Hideki Kamiya announced his future plans as part of a column on Capcom's website, though few details on his new opus were confirmed.
However, Kamiya did write that he plans to continue in a similar vein to the wonderful Viewtiful Joe; blending elements of modern gaming technology, with refreshing retro-inspired gameplay. This is certainly sure to allure fans of his last outing.
Apparently, the cartoon accompanying the column might even offer a slight hint as to Kamiya's future direction, 'or not', as 1up.com's teasingly cryptic report puts it. I certainly couldn't decipher anything particularly enlightening from it.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III