New game due from Viewtiful creator
A report on 1up.com today informs us that the creator of the critically-adored Viewtiful Joe has a new game up his sleeve, work on which is already under way. Director Hideki Kamiya announced his future plans as part of a column on Capcom's website, though few details on his new opus were confirmed.
However, Kamiya did write that he plans to continue in a similar vein to the wonderful Viewtiful Joe; blending elements of modern gaming technology, with refreshing retro-inspired gameplay. This is certainly sure to allure fans of his last outing.
Apparently, the cartoon accompanying the column might even offer a slight hint as to Kamiya's future direction, 'or not', as 1up.com's teasingly cryptic report puts it. I certainly couldn't decipher anything particularly enlightening from it.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update