New game due from Viewtiful creator
A report on 1up.com today informs us that the creator of the critically-adored Viewtiful Joe has a new game up his sleeve, work on which is already under way. Director Hideki Kamiya announced his future plans as part of a column on Capcom's website, though few details on his new opus were confirmed.
However, Kamiya did write that he plans to continue in a similar vein to the wonderful Viewtiful Joe; blending elements of modern gaming technology, with refreshing retro-inspired gameplay. This is certainly sure to allure fans of his last outing.
Apparently, the cartoon accompanying the column might even offer a slight hint as to Kamiya's future direction, 'or not', as 1up.com's teasingly cryptic report puts it. I certainly couldn't decipher anything particularly enlightening from it.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO