New game due from Viewtiful creator
A report on 1up.com today informs us that the creator of the critically-adored Viewtiful Joe has a new game up his sleeve, work on which is already under way. Director Hideki Kamiya announced his future plans as part of a column on Capcom's website, though few details on his new opus were confirmed.
However, Kamiya did write that he plans to continue in a similar vein to the wonderful Viewtiful Joe; blending elements of modern gaming technology, with refreshing retro-inspired gameplay. This is certainly sure to allure fans of his last outing.
Apparently, the cartoon accompanying the column might even offer a slight hint as to Kamiya's future direction, 'or not', as 1up.com's teasingly cryptic report puts it. I certainly couldn't decipher anything particularly enlightening from it.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan