PS3 motion controller for the spring
As previously speculated, Sony have re-confirmed that the PS3's motion controller will arrive in the spring, that's the word from Sony Computer Entertainment boss Kaz Hirai, who stops short of confirming anything more specific.
"We are slating it for spring of next year. One of the things is that we just don't want to put out the controller. We need a great software that supports the controller at launch. It's something that we've been working on for the longest time," Hirai told The Times.
We've yet to hear anything specific on the kind of software that will be offered for the motion controller, but despite the dual-wand-based approach, Sony are adamant that their technology is a cut above Microsoft's Natal system - which negates all controllers in favour of the human body alone.
More on the PS3's motion controller soon.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive