New director for BioShock movie
Celebrated Hollywood director Gore Verbinski is no longer at the helm of the BioShock movie - with Juan Carlos Fresnadilo now taking charge.
Fresnadilo's biggest picture was probably 28 Weeks Later, and Verbinski will now fulfill producer duties on the film; rather than directing it.
Verbinski has been lined up to direct the licensed flick for several months, but he is apparently unwilling to commit to a lengthy shoot abroad - according to Variety - hence why he's stepping back from his original role.
Fresnadilo's appointment must be approved by publisher Take-Two before Universal can push ahead with production. We'll keep you posted on this.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year