New director for BioShock movie
Celebrated Hollywood director Gore Verbinski is no longer at the helm of the BioShock movie - with Juan Carlos Fresnadilo now taking charge.
Fresnadilo's biggest picture was probably 28 Weeks Later, and Verbinski will now fulfill producer duties on the film; rather than directing it.
Verbinski has been lined up to direct the licensed flick for several months, but he is apparently unwilling to commit to a lengthy shoot abroad - according to Variety - hence why he's stepping back from his original role.
Fresnadilo's appointment must be approved by publisher Take-Two before Universal can push ahead with production. We'll keep you posted on this.
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early