New director for BioShock movie
Celebrated Hollywood director Gore Verbinski is no longer at the helm of the BioShock movie - with Juan Carlos Fresnadilo now taking charge.
Fresnadilo's biggest picture was probably 28 Weeks Later, and Verbinski will now fulfill producer duties on the film; rather than directing it.
Verbinski has been lined up to direct the licensed flick for several months, but he is apparently unwilling to commit to a lengthy shoot abroad - according to Variety - hence why he's stepping back from his original role.
Fresnadilo's appointment must be approved by publisher Take-Two before Universal can push ahead with production. We'll keep you posted on this.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny