New director for BioShock movie
Celebrated Hollywood director Gore Verbinski is no longer at the helm of the BioShock movie - with Juan Carlos Fresnadilo now taking charge.
Fresnadilo's biggest picture was probably 28 Weeks Later, and Verbinski will now fulfill producer duties on the film; rather than directing it.
Verbinski has been lined up to direct the licensed flick for several months, but he is apparently unwilling to commit to a lengthy shoot abroad - according to Variety - hence why he's stepping back from his original role.
Fresnadilo's appointment must be approved by publisher Take-Two before Universal can push ahead with production. We'll keep you posted on this.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer