New director for BioShock movie
Celebrated Hollywood director Gore Verbinski is no longer at the helm of the BioShock movie - with Juan Carlos Fresnadilo now taking charge.
Fresnadilo's biggest picture was probably 28 Weeks Later, and Verbinski will now fulfill producer duties on the film; rather than directing it.
Verbinski has been lined up to direct the licensed flick for several months, but he is apparently unwilling to commit to a lengthy shoot abroad - according to Variety - hence why he's stepping back from his original role.
Fresnadilo's appointment must be approved by publisher Take-Two before Universal can push ahead with production. We'll keep you posted on this.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network