World Tour not compatible with GH5 tunes
Word on the street this afternoon has it that the downloadable tracks that Activision will offer for Guitar Hero 5 will not be compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour. However, the publisher assures that future compatibility is assured as a result.
"Guitar Hero 5 downlodable content will be compatible with future Guitar Hero and Band Hero games. However, the advancements and innovations made to the franchise do now allow for downloadable content to be backwards compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour," Destructoid were told.
On the plus side, tracks you've already purchased for older games will work with Guitar Hero 5 - although if you want advanced features linked to the new game, you will need to re-download the old tracks.
Activision also assure that you can export World Tour and Smash Hits songs to the new title, due out on the 1st of September.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015