World Tour not compatible with GH5 tunes
Word on the street this afternoon has it that the downloadable tracks that Activision will offer for Guitar Hero 5 will not be compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour. However, the publisher assures that future compatibility is assured as a result.
"Guitar Hero 5 downlodable content will be compatible with future Guitar Hero and Band Hero games. However, the advancements and innovations made to the franchise do now allow for downloadable content to be backwards compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour," Destructoid were told.
On the plus side, tracks you've already purchased for older games will work with Guitar Hero 5 - although if you want advanced features linked to the new game, you will need to re-download the old tracks.
Activision also assure that you can export World Tour and Smash Hits songs to the new title, due out on the 1st of September.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though