Blizzard unsure over Diablo III launch
While industry stalwart Geoff Keighley had previously hinted that World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and StarCraft II will be the only two Blizzard titles releases in 2010, there seems to be some ambiguity over when Diablo III will land.
A 2011 debut was assumed, but Ripten then reported Blizzard boss Mike Morhaime as suggesting the new RPG could actually be released in 2009 - much earlier than anyone expects, or indeed believes, the game will arrive.
Indeed, it now seems like this tittle-tattle was too good to be true, official word from the company stating that no decision has yet been made on when Diablo III will arrive.
We'll bring you more on this very soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3