Quake Live comes to Mac & Linux
FPS powerhouse id Software have announced that browser plugins for Mac and Linux versions of their popular Quake Live service have been released.
Speaking on the Quake Live forum, id Software employee Marty casually mentions the new platforms as part of a standard Tuesday update to the system.
Mac and Linux support had been promised since the service first went into beta in 2008
Mac users are restricted to using Safari only after a Firefox bug came to light late in the game.
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12