Quake Live comes to Mac & Linux
FPS powerhouse id Software have announced that browser plugins for Mac and Linux versions of their popular Quake Live service have been released.
Speaking on the Quake Live forum, id Software employee Marty casually mentions the new platforms as part of a standard Tuesday update to the system.
Mac and Linux support had been promised since the service first went into beta in 2008
Mac users are restricted to using Safari only after a Firefox bug came to light late in the game.
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0