Molyneux reveals Fable 3
At Microsoft's press conference at GamesCom in Cologne Peter Molyneux has announced Fable 3.
Speaking of a bold game where big, powerful choices have to be made the games maker told us passionately about the title questioning basic game mechanics. Some in the assembled journalist crowd took this to mean Natal integration.
A short teaser trailer was shown revealing that the main character is now the ruler of the Albion world, and that your decisions affect the entire world. The character's family interactions were also mentioned, playing a role in how the game develops.
Molyneux went on to flesh out the story details showing concept art of a king surrounded by prostitutes. Half the game will be about your rise to power, and the other half about the player attempting to keep their promises. Real world politics were mentioned with Molyneux commenting that over-promising politicians never deliver and leaders age dramatically when in power.
The drama and history of the world was emphasised with characters from Fable 1 and 2 returning.
Bizarrely, the company took it upon themselves to act out the entire game story over many weeks using real live actors at a movie studios near London.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent