Molyneux reveals Fable 3
At Microsoft's press conference at GamesCom in Cologne Peter Molyneux has announced Fable 3.
Speaking of a bold game where big, powerful choices have to be made the games maker told us passionately about the title questioning basic game mechanics. Some in the assembled journalist crowd took this to mean Natal integration.
A short teaser trailer was shown revealing that the main character is now the ruler of the Albion world, and that your decisions affect the entire world. The character's family interactions were also mentioned, playing a role in how the game develops.
Molyneux went on to flesh out the story details showing concept art of a king surrounded by prostitutes. Half the game will be about your rise to power, and the other half about the player attempting to keep their promises. Real world politics were mentioned with Molyneux commenting that over-promising politicians never deliver and leaders age dramatically when in power.
The drama and history of the world was emphasised with characters from Fable 1 and 2 returning.
Bizarrely, the company took it upon themselves to act out the entire game story over many weeks using real live actors at a movie studios near London.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light