Xbox Live outage causing a black screen when loading some games and apps
Microsoft has acknowledged that they are experiencing a fairly hefty outage of the social and gaming features of Xbox Live.
On the Xbox Live status page on Xbox.com, Microsoft has stated that the problems with social and gaming services are affecting the ability to access all game features.
They elaborated on the problem stating, “It’s come to our attention that some of you are seeing a black screen when attempting to launch games and applications. Hang in there, Xbox members, we’re on it! Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve this issue. We’ll update you again as soon as we have more information.”
All of the other features of Xbox Live are registering as “up and running” for now including core services, purchase and content usage, website and TV, music and video services.
Thanks Game Informer.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny