Xbox Live outage causing a black screen when loading some games and apps
Microsoft has acknowledged that they are experiencing a fairly hefty outage of the social and gaming features of Xbox Live.
On the Xbox Live status page on Xbox.com, Microsoft has stated that the problems with social and gaming services are affecting the ability to access all game features.
They elaborated on the problem stating, “It’s come to our attention that some of you are seeing a black screen when attempting to launch games and applications. Hang in there, Xbox members, we’re on it! Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve this issue. We’ll update you again as soon as we have more information.”
All of the other features of Xbox Live are registering as “up and running” for now including core services, purchase and content usage, website and TV, music and video services.
Thanks Game Informer.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon