Xbox Live outage causing a black screen when loading some games and apps
Microsoft has acknowledged that they are experiencing a fairly hefty outage of the social and gaming features of Xbox Live.
On the Xbox Live status page on Xbox.com, Microsoft has stated that the problems with social and gaming services are affecting the ability to access all game features.
They elaborated on the problem stating, “It’s come to our attention that some of you are seeing a black screen when attempting to launch games and applications. Hang in there, Xbox members, we’re on it! Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve this issue. We’ll update you again as soon as we have more information.”
All of the other features of Xbox Live are registering as “up and running” for now including core services, purchase and content usage, website and TV, music and video services.
Thanks Game Informer.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year