Crytek expects current gen to last
Developer Crytek believe the current console generation will be a lengthy one, boss Cevat Yerli telling GDC Europe attendees that he believes the current roster of systems will last until 2012.
Despite predicting the end of the current generation at this point, 'at the latest', he's also dubious about whether there will be a new generation at all.
"There's a big debate about whether there will be a next generation at all," Yerli admitted, before waxing lyrical about the criticism Crytek received for the high system specifications of 2007's Crysis.
"We are very often criticized for this but it's the company's intent to make things highly scalable. Therefore, users can play the game now, and then, when you buy a PC in two years time, the game will look better."
Crysis 2 is presently in the works. Thanks Gamasutra.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015