Crytek expects current gen to last
Developer Crytek believe the current console generation will be a lengthy one, boss Cevat Yerli telling GDC Europe attendees that he believes the current roster of systems will last until 2012.
Despite predicting the end of the current generation at this point, 'at the latest', he's also dubious about whether there will be a new generation at all.
"There's a big debate about whether there will be a next generation at all," Yerli admitted, before waxing lyrical about the criticism Crytek received for the high system specifications of 2007's Crysis.
"We are very often criticized for this but it's the company's intent to make things highly scalable. Therefore, users can play the game now, and then, when you buy a PC in two years time, the game will look better."
Crysis 2 is presently in the works. Thanks Gamasutra.
- Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC-only online title
- Latest Destiny patch dials back the difficulty levels in some missions
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator