New TimeSplitters still possible
Speaking of the progress made at Free Radical since Germany's Crytek took charge (creating Crytek UK), boss Karl Hilton has said that the firm are plotting some exciting new titles, while TimeSplitters 4 is still not out of the question.
"Going forward, we've always made it very clear that we want to build original games and we're going to do that, and we are concepting some of that up at the moment," Hilton enthused, chatting with MCV.
"It's early days, but there's some really exciting stuff that we're concepting. When we're ready we'll talk to publishers, and hopefully publishers will like it, and we'll own and produce those games in our own studio."
Meanwhile, on the possibility of TimeSplitters 4 emerging, the executive adds: "Like with all businesses, content is dictated by the desires of the market. These days the mass-market shooters tend to be aimed at the hyper-realistic stuff. If developers had free reign with the CryEngine, they would easily be able to produce really bizarre, wacky wonderful stuff."
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year