New TimeSplitters still possible
Speaking of the progress made at Free Radical since Germany's Crytek took charge (creating Crytek UK), boss Karl Hilton has said that the firm are plotting some exciting new titles, while TimeSplitters 4 is still not out of the question.
"Going forward, we've always made it very clear that we want to build original games and we're going to do that, and we are concepting some of that up at the moment," Hilton enthused, chatting with MCV.
"It's early days, but there's some really exciting stuff that we're concepting. When we're ready we'll talk to publishers, and hopefully publishers will like it, and we'll own and produce those games in our own studio."
Meanwhile, on the possibility of TimeSplitters 4 emerging, the executive adds: "Like with all businesses, content is dictated by the desires of the market. These days the mass-market shooters tend to be aimed at the hyper-realistic stuff. If developers had free reign with the CryEngine, they would easily be able to produce really bizarre, wacky wonderful stuff."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date