New TimeSplitters still possible
Speaking of the progress made at Free Radical since Germany's Crytek took charge (creating Crytek UK), boss Karl Hilton has said that the firm are plotting some exciting new titles, while TimeSplitters 4 is still not out of the question.
"Going forward, we've always made it very clear that we want to build original games and we're going to do that, and we are concepting some of that up at the moment," Hilton enthused, chatting with MCV.
"It's early days, but there's some really exciting stuff that we're concepting. When we're ready we'll talk to publishers, and hopefully publishers will like it, and we'll own and produce those games in our own studio."
Meanwhile, on the possibility of TimeSplitters 4 emerging, the executive adds: "Like with all businesses, content is dictated by the desires of the market. These days the mass-market shooters tend to be aimed at the hyper-realistic stuff. If developers had free reign with the CryEngine, they would easily be able to produce really bizarre, wacky wonderful stuff."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter