New TimeSplitters still possible
Speaking of the progress made at Free Radical since Germany's Crytek took charge (creating Crytek UK), boss Karl Hilton has said that the firm are plotting some exciting new titles, while TimeSplitters 4 is still not out of the question.
"Going forward, we've always made it very clear that we want to build original games and we're going to do that, and we are concepting some of that up at the moment," Hilton enthused, chatting with MCV.
"It's early days, but there's some really exciting stuff that we're concepting. When we're ready we'll talk to publishers, and hopefully publishers will like it, and we'll own and produce those games in our own studio."
Meanwhile, on the possibility of TimeSplitters 4 emerging, the executive adds: "Like with all businesses, content is dictated by the desires of the market. These days the mass-market shooters tend to be aimed at the hyper-realistic stuff. If developers had free reign with the CryEngine, they would easily be able to produce really bizarre, wacky wonderful stuff."
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3