New TimeSplitters still possible
Speaking of the progress made at Free Radical since Germany's Crytek took charge (creating Crytek UK), boss Karl Hilton has said that the firm are plotting some exciting new titles, while TimeSplitters 4 is still not out of the question.
"Going forward, we've always made it very clear that we want to build original games and we're going to do that, and we are concepting some of that up at the moment," Hilton enthused, chatting with MCV.
"It's early days, but there's some really exciting stuff that we're concepting. When we're ready we'll talk to publishers, and hopefully publishers will like it, and we'll own and produce those games in our own studio."
Meanwhile, on the possibility of TimeSplitters 4 emerging, the executive adds: "Like with all businesses, content is dictated by the desires of the market. These days the mass-market shooters tend to be aimed at the hyper-realistic stuff. If developers had free reign with the CryEngine, they would easily be able to produce really bizarre, wacky wonderful stuff."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title