Blizzard unsure about Natal at this point
Rob Pardo, big design chief at Blizzard, says that the developer have yet to be convinced that Natal is quite as powerful as Microsoft thinks it is. Apparently, Pardo isn't yet sure about the motion control system's spatial awareness.
"I've got to play with Natal a little bit, and it seems like the difficulty with it is still spatial recognition with moving your hands and doing things," the big cheese offered, according to VG247.
Addressing the idea that the system might be used for real-time strategy games, Pardo said that he simply wasn't sure it was sensitive enough for such use.
"You'd actually still need an interface that you could do that with, and Natal is still going to be pretty imprecise in the way Wii is today. I mean, I could see the future one day [allowing it], but I don't know if Natal's it. Maybe it's a step towards it," the designer continued.
Natal is expected out in late 2010. More from Blizzard very soon.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released