New Mortal Kombat set for epic online play
Having completed the take-over of Midway, Warner Bros Games are now putting in place their plans for their newly enlarged portfolio of games, starting with perhaps the biggest IP they have acquired, Mortal Kombat.
Apparently, the new Mortal Kombat will be all about online play, the title's Chicago developers targeting "the golden standard of network play".
"WB Games Inc. seeks a Senior Software Engineer, Network to help us implement cutting-edge online features to ensure the Mortal Kombat franchise is an industry leader in online functionality," reads a new job listing revealing the studio's ambitions.
"We are looking to position Mortal Kombat as the 'gold standard' for network play, and we are looking for someone who wants to push the boundaries of what is possible with online interaction."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer