New Mortal Kombat set for epic online play
Having completed the take-over of Midway, Warner Bros Games are now putting in place their plans for their newly enlarged portfolio of games, starting with perhaps the biggest IP they have acquired, Mortal Kombat.
Apparently, the new Mortal Kombat will be all about online play, the title's Chicago developers targeting "the golden standard of network play".
"WB Games Inc. seeks a Senior Software Engineer, Network to help us implement cutting-edge online features to ensure the Mortal Kombat franchise is an industry leader in online functionality," reads a new job listing revealing the studio's ambitions.
"We are looking to position Mortal Kombat as the 'gold standard' for network play, and we are looking for someone who wants to push the boundaries of what is possible with online interaction."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone