New Mortal Kombat set for epic online play
Having completed the take-over of Midway, Warner Bros Games are now putting in place their plans for their newly enlarged portfolio of games, starting with perhaps the biggest IP they have acquired, Mortal Kombat.
Apparently, the new Mortal Kombat will be all about online play, the title's Chicago developers targeting "the golden standard of network play".
"WB Games Inc. seeks a Senior Software Engineer, Network to help us implement cutting-edge online features to ensure the Mortal Kombat franchise is an industry leader in online functionality," reads a new job listing revealing the studio's ambitions.
"We are looking to position Mortal Kombat as the 'gold standard' for network play, and we are looking for someone who wants to push the boundaries of what is possible with online interaction."
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015