New Mortal Kombat set for epic online play
Having completed the take-over of Midway, Warner Bros Games are now putting in place their plans for their newly enlarged portfolio of games, starting with perhaps the biggest IP they have acquired, Mortal Kombat.
Apparently, the new Mortal Kombat will be all about online play, the title's Chicago developers targeting "the golden standard of network play".
"WB Games Inc. seeks a Senior Software Engineer, Network to help us implement cutting-edge online features to ensure the Mortal Kombat franchise is an industry leader in online functionality," reads a new job listing revealing the studio's ambitions.
"We are looking to position Mortal Kombat as the 'gold standard' for network play, and we are looking for someone who wants to push the boundaries of what is possible with online interaction."
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch