New Mortal Kombat set for epic online play
Having completed the take-over of Midway, Warner Bros Games are now putting in place their plans for their newly enlarged portfolio of games, starting with perhaps the biggest IP they have acquired, Mortal Kombat.
Apparently, the new Mortal Kombat will be all about online play, the title's Chicago developers targeting "the golden standard of network play".
"WB Games Inc. seeks a Senior Software Engineer, Network to help us implement cutting-edge online features to ensure the Mortal Kombat franchise is an industry leader in online functionality," reads a new job listing revealing the studio's ambitions.
"We are looking to position Mortal Kombat as the 'gold standard' for network play, and we are looking for someone who wants to push the boundaries of what is possible with online interaction."
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto
- Double Fine gives a release date for Broken Age Act 2