Delays may have hit Minecraft on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One
It looks like the long wait for Minecraft's arrival on next-gen consoles and PS Vita might have been extended.
Indications that the PS Vita version has been delayed have come in the game's latest TV advert which states that the PS Vita version is “out in September”.
4J Studios, the Scottish developer that handles the console versions of Minecraft also recently stated on Twitter, "We're still bug fixing #MinecraftXbox1, #MinecraftPS4 and #MinecraftPSVita. Thanks for your patience!"
The PS Vita version was due to launch alongside the PS4 and Xbox One versions next month but the TV ad and the latest Tweet may indicate that all three have possibly slipped into a September release. It is also possible that the PS Vita version is taking a bit longer that the others and will be the only one that is delayed. It wouldn't be the first time that the Vita version of a game has been delayed more than the home-console equivalent.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date