Delays may have hit Minecraft on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One
It looks like the long wait for Minecraft's arrival on next-gen consoles and PS Vita might have been extended.
Indications that the PS Vita version has been delayed have come in the game's latest TV advert which states that the PS Vita version is “out in September”.
4J Studios, the Scottish developer that handles the console versions of Minecraft also recently stated on Twitter, "We're still bug fixing #MinecraftXbox1, #MinecraftPS4 and #MinecraftPSVita. Thanks for your patience!"
The PS Vita version was due to launch alongside the PS4 and Xbox One versions next month but the TV ad and the latest Tweet may indicate that all three have possibly slipped into a September release. It is also possible that the PS Vita version is taking a bit longer that the others and will be the only one that is delayed. It wouldn't be the first time that the Vita version of a game has been delayed more than the home-console equivalent.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3