Delays may have hit Minecraft on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One
It looks like the long wait for Minecraft's arrival on next-gen consoles and PS Vita might have been extended.
Indications that the PS Vita version has been delayed have come in the game's latest TV advert which states that the PS Vita version is “out in September”.
4J Studios, the Scottish developer that handles the console versions of Minecraft also recently stated on Twitter, "We're still bug fixing #MinecraftXbox1, #MinecraftPS4 and #MinecraftPSVita. Thanks for your patience!"
The PS Vita version was due to launch alongside the PS4 and Xbox One versions next month but the TV ad and the latest Tweet may indicate that all three have possibly slipped into a September release. It is also possible that the PS Vita version is taking a bit longer that the others and will be the only one that is delayed. It wouldn't be the first time that the Vita version of a game has been delayed more than the home-console equivalent.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer