Tecmo Koei explore PS3 motion control options
Speaking to NowGamer, Tecmo Koei boss Kenji Matsubara has revealed that the Japanese game maker are interested in the potential presented by the PS3's motion control technology, and believe there is the possibility that such systems could work with games like Ninja Gaiden.
"I'm very interested in the new motion-control technology announced at E3, but we really need to know how responsive it is. I'm sure that for casual games these motion controls will be very popular, but for action games like Ninja Gaiden we need quick responses and if you're swinging your arms around like you're using a sword you will soon be tired," he explained, striking a note of caution.
"Maybe we have to change the playing style and check the technology to see how quick it can be. So, at first it will be casual games and then maybe hardcore games and we have to prepare for that and provide the games to satisfy that playing style."
More on the PS3's motion control technology, and Microsoft's rival Natal system, very soon.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light