Activision confirm Modern Warfare for Wii
As rumoured yesterday, Activision today reveal that Modern Warfare is indeed on the way for the Nintendo Wii, the publisher giving us all a pleasant surprise and confirming a release on November 10th.
While the original Modern Warfare was crafted by Infinity Ward, this new creation is being ported to Nintendo's console by World at War developers Treyarch.
Infinity Ward are of course more than a little busy polishing off this Christmas's Modern Warfare 2, set for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
The two games should launch around the same time, depending on where you live, and Activision are clearly expecting big things of their new Wii debutant, even if the console hasn't always proved fertile ground for 'adult' titles such as this.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3