Activision confirm Modern Warfare for Wii
As rumoured yesterday, Activision today reveal that Modern Warfare is indeed on the way for the Nintendo Wii, the publisher giving us all a pleasant surprise and confirming a release on November 10th.
While the original Modern Warfare was crafted by Infinity Ward, this new creation is being ported to Nintendo's console by World at War developers Treyarch.
Infinity Ward are of course more than a little busy polishing off this Christmas's Modern Warfare 2, set for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
The two games should launch around the same time, depending on where you live, and Activision are clearly expecting big things of their new Wii debutant, even if the console hasn't always proved fertile ground for 'adult' titles such as this.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like