Apple eye gaming with MacBook Touch?
Word on the street this morning has it that the long-rumoured tablet said to be in the works at Apple (described in most quarters now as the MacBook Touch) could actually be a more concerted Apple assault on the gaming market.
The new system is reportedly based around a 10-inch touch-screen interface, which will come complete with some fairly hefty innards and built in WiFi support.
Despite repeated rumours about the device's existence, Engadget report that the machine is still awaiting the official seal of approval from Apple boss Steve Jobs - with a September announcement planned for a launch this November.
With the whole world now waiting to see what the new device can do, even the gaming world are starting to pay attention, following the success of the iPhone as a gaming platform.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday