Apple eye gaming with MacBook Touch?
Word on the street this morning has it that the long-rumoured tablet said to be in the works at Apple (described in most quarters now as the MacBook Touch) could actually be a more concerted Apple assault on the gaming market.
The new system is reportedly based around a 10-inch touch-screen interface, which will come complete with some fairly hefty innards and built in WiFi support.
Despite repeated rumours about the device's existence, Engadget report that the machine is still awaiting the official seal of approval from Apple boss Steve Jobs - with a September announcement planned for a launch this November.
With the whole world now waiting to see what the new device can do, even the gaming world are starting to pay attention, following the success of the iPhone as a gaming platform.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3