Apple eye gaming with MacBook Touch?
Word on the street this morning has it that the long-rumoured tablet said to be in the works at Apple (described in most quarters now as the MacBook Touch) could actually be a more concerted Apple assault on the gaming market.
The new system is reportedly based around a 10-inch touch-screen interface, which will come complete with some fairly hefty innards and built in WiFi support.
Despite repeated rumours about the device's existence, Engadget report that the machine is still awaiting the official seal of approval from Apple boss Steve Jobs - with a September announcement planned for a launch this November.
With the whole world now waiting to see what the new device can do, even the gaming world are starting to pay attention, following the success of the iPhone as a gaming platform.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny