Apple eye gaming with MacBook Touch?
Word on the street this morning has it that the long-rumoured tablet said to be in the works at Apple (described in most quarters now as the MacBook Touch) could actually be a more concerted Apple assault on the gaming market.
The new system is reportedly based around a 10-inch touch-screen interface, which will come complete with some fairly hefty innards and built in WiFi support.
Despite repeated rumours about the device's existence, Engadget report that the machine is still awaiting the official seal of approval from Apple boss Steve Jobs - with a September announcement planned for a launch this November.
With the whole world now waiting to see what the new device can do, even the gaming world are starting to pay attention, following the success of the iPhone as a gaming platform.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side