Xbox Live Avatars to work in Guitar Hero 5
Activision and Microsoft have today confirmed that the Xbox 360's colourful Avatars will be playable within Guitar Hero 5, for those wishing eschew the game's own characters.
The new music game boasts 85 in-game tracks, a record for a game of this genre, and while the title is light on innovation, it does look like one of the biggest and most complete music games to date.
Players will be able to mix and match line-ups comprised of GH characters and their Avatars, and this is clearly part of Activision's drive to make the game as sociable as possible.
"Elevating the Guitar Hero series to new heights with unmatched social gameplay, an enhanced style, and new in-game artists, Guitar Hero 5 features new surprises and challenges that will fire-up long-time fret board fanatics and create a new generation of addicts," beams the official spiel. More soon.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year