Xbox Live Avatars to work in Guitar Hero 5
Activision and Microsoft have today confirmed that the Xbox 360's colourful Avatars will be playable within Guitar Hero 5, for those wishing eschew the game's own characters.
The new music game boasts 85 in-game tracks, a record for a game of this genre, and while the title is light on innovation, it does look like one of the biggest and most complete music games to date.
Players will be able to mix and match line-ups comprised of GH characters and their Avatars, and this is clearly part of Activision's drive to make the game as sociable as possible.
"Elevating the Guitar Hero series to new heights with unmatched social gameplay, an enhanced style, and new in-game artists, Guitar Hero 5 features new surprises and challenges that will fire-up long-time fret board fanatics and create a new generation of addicts," beams the official spiel. More soon.
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free
- Sony gets all generous with Decembers PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below