Avatar game will have 3D effects on 360
The Avatar video game currently being crafted by Ubisoft will support proper 3D effects on televisions that offer support for the technology, we're told this week.
The game, based on James Cameron's 3D movie, will also support such effects on the Xbox 360 - but only if you have one of the consoles that boasts an HDMI-out port says MTV.
The game will only support 3D functionality in 1080p resolution, hence the need for the HDMI port, according to Ubisoft exec Luc Duchaine.
Of course, all this wizardry means that Avatar won't be offering any 3D on the Wii console - but we'd sort of guessed that already.
More Avatar news as we get it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer