Avatar game will have 3D effects on 360
The Avatar video game currently being crafted by Ubisoft will support proper 3D effects on televisions that offer support for the technology, we're told this week.
The game, based on James Cameron's 3D movie, will also support such effects on the Xbox 360 - but only if you have one of the consoles that boasts an HDMI-out port says MTV.
The game will only support 3D functionality in 1080p resolution, hence the need for the HDMI port, according to Ubisoft exec Luc Duchaine.
Of course, all this wizardry means that Avatar won't be offering any 3D on the Wii console - but we'd sort of guessed that already.
More Avatar news as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3