New UFC games for Wii, handhelds
Fresh from giving publisher THQ its first profitable quarter in ages, the UFC series could be looking to conquer new territory, CEO Brian Farrell confirming that future versions of the IP could make it to the Wii and handhelds.
"Over time, we plan to build our UFC franchise by expanding international sales and by developing games on new platforms such as handhelds and Nintendo Wii," the big cheese enthused.
Apparently, the most recently released iteration in the series has sold an impressive 2.9 million copies, and while details on future titles is non-existance, Farrell has confirmed that yearly updates will be offered in a way presumably similar to EA's big sporting franchises.
More fighting very soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer