New UFC games for Wii, handhelds
Fresh from giving publisher THQ its first profitable quarter in ages, the UFC series could be looking to conquer new territory, CEO Brian Farrell confirming that future versions of the IP could make it to the Wii and handhelds.
"Over time, we plan to build our UFC franchise by expanding international sales and by developing games on new platforms such as handhelds and Nintendo Wii," the big cheese enthused.
Apparently, the most recently released iteration in the series has sold an impressive 2.9 million copies, and while details on future titles is non-existance, Farrell has confirmed that yearly updates will be offered in a way presumably similar to EA's big sporting franchises.
More fighting very soon.
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC