New UFC games for Wii, handhelds
Fresh from giving publisher THQ its first profitable quarter in ages, the UFC series could be looking to conquer new territory, CEO Brian Farrell confirming that future versions of the IP could make it to the Wii and handhelds.
"Over time, we plan to build our UFC franchise by expanding international sales and by developing games on new platforms such as handhelds and Nintendo Wii," the big cheese enthused.
Apparently, the most recently released iteration in the series has sold an impressive 2.9 million copies, and while details on future titles is non-existance, Farrell has confirmed that yearly updates will be offered in a way presumably similar to EA's big sporting franchises.
More fighting very soon.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title