Braben defends Lionhead's Milo
Lionhead's 'Milo and Kate' demonstration at E3 certainly drew an impressed reaction at the show itself, but in the aftermath some have questioned how much real innovation was on display.
Veteran game developer of Frontier Developments, however, has stepped forward to defend Lionhead from the critics.
"I think there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of with good, complex smoke and mirrors. With all of these things, we're building interesting worlds, and there are so many different ways you can do that. Milo & Kate showed some of that, and some of the things we're working on will show some of that too," the veteran enthused to Eurogamer.
"There are so many different dimensions to it: I often bore on about film, but it shows how much more there is out there that we haven't touched yet in the game space."
Braben believes AI is finally starting to come on in leaps and bounds. How exciting.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III