Braben defends Lionhead's Milo
Lionhead's 'Milo and Kate' demonstration at E3 certainly drew an impressed reaction at the show itself, but in the aftermath some have questioned how much real innovation was on display.
Veteran game developer of Frontier Developments, however, has stepped forward to defend Lionhead from the critics.
"I think there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of with good, complex smoke and mirrors. With all of these things, we're building interesting worlds, and there are so many different ways you can do that. Milo & Kate showed some of that, and some of the things we're working on will show some of that too," the veteran enthused to Eurogamer.
"There are so many different dimensions to it: I often bore on about film, but it shows how much more there is out there that we haven't touched yet in the game space."
Braben believes AI is finally starting to come on in leaps and bounds. How exciting.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year