Bethesda almost omitted dog from Fallout 3
Canine companion Dogmeat only just made the cut into Fallout 3, Bethesda telling The Escapist that the technology presented a number of problems which almost saw the feature axed.
Design lead Chris Taylor tells the site that his team never realised the in-game companion would prove as popular as he has, nor did he expect players to engage so much with the versatile doggy.
"We never expected that Dogmeat would become such a popular character. I always intended that the various NPCs that joined up with the player would come to a violent end," he admitted.
"I was shocked when I heard of all the work people went through to keep Dogmeat alive to the end - especially the hell that they went through with the force fields in the Military Base."
Man's best friend, indeed.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer