Dragon Quest sees DS sales rocket
The DSi has been Japan's best-selling games console for some weeks anyway, but last week's result really was a land-slide, the release of Dragon Quest IX pushing sales of the console through the roof.
The final total for the week in question was nearly 97,000, an ocean ahead of the PSP, which was second with just over 24,000 sales.
In third place there is the Wii console with over 20,000 - followed by the DS Lite with nearly 10,000.
The PS3 didn't enjoy quite as good a week, languishing with less than 9,000 sales - the PS2 on just over 3,000 - the Xbox 360 resuming (bad) business as usual with less than 3,000 units sold during the same week.
More from Japan as we get it.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year