Dragon Quest sees DS sales rocket
The DSi has been Japan's best-selling games console for some weeks anyway, but last week's result really was a land-slide, the release of Dragon Quest IX pushing sales of the console through the roof.
The final total for the week in question was nearly 97,000, an ocean ahead of the PSP, which was second with just over 24,000 sales.
In third place there is the Wii console with over 20,000 - followed by the DS Lite with nearly 10,000.
The PS3 didn't enjoy quite as good a week, languishing with less than 9,000 sales - the PS2 on just over 3,000 - the Xbox 360 resuming (bad) business as usual with less than 3,000 units sold during the same week.
More from Japan as we get it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer