Dragon Quest sees DS sales rocket
The DSi has been Japan's best-selling games console for some weeks anyway, but last week's result really was a land-slide, the release of Dragon Quest IX pushing sales of the console through the roof.
The final total for the week in question was nearly 97,000, an ocean ahead of the PSP, which was second with just over 24,000 sales.
In third place there is the Wii console with over 20,000 - followed by the DS Lite with nearly 10,000.
The PS3 didn't enjoy quite as good a week, languishing with less than 9,000 sales - the PS2 on just over 3,000 - the Xbox 360 resuming (bad) business as usual with less than 3,000 units sold during the same week.
More from Japan as we get it.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side