PES 2010 set for Wii this Christmas
We knew that a new version of Pro Evolution Soccer would be out for next-generation consoles in time for the festive season, and today we get confirmation that a Wii release will be out in time, too.
Producer 'Greyhound' Chosogabe promises improved animation over past Wii versions of PES, and there will also be some changes to the control scheme which promise to make ambitious passing moves easier to pull off.
"The stakes have been raised and PES 2010 for Wii shows that Konami can still innovate and surprise," beamed Chosogabe.
"Our control system for Wii is still regarded as the finest and most intuitive around, and we have once again reworked it to add a level of control and realism that can appeal to new and old PES fans alike."
PES does of course face some stiff competition from the FIFA series; the two IPs set to do battle this autumn.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3