id Software focus on consoles for Rage
Market conditions dictate that id Software focus on the console versions of Rage ahead of the PC release, id's John Carmack reveals.
Speaking to Game Informer magazine (thanks VG247) Carmack says that Rage's controls are designed first with consoles in mind.
"The largest chunk of our markets going to be on consoles. I mean, yes, you can use the mouse for it but it's critical that the controller be the way that we design the game."
The game will feature a plot that sees the player leading the resistance in a post-apocalyptic future, battling the mysterious Authority and mutants across a vast wasteland.
Rage is out next year.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO