id Software focus on consoles for Rage
Market conditions dictate that id Software focus on the console versions of Rage ahead of the PC release, id's John Carmack reveals.
Speaking to Game Informer magazine (thanks VG247) Carmack says that Rage's controls are designed first with consoles in mind.
"The largest chunk of our markets going to be on consoles. I mean, yes, you can use the mouse for it but it's critical that the controller be the way that we design the game."
The game will feature a plot that sees the player leading the resistance in a post-apocalyptic future, battling the mysterious Authority and mutants across a vast wasteland.
Rage is out next year.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny