id Software focus on consoles for Rage
Market conditions dictate that id Software focus on the console versions of Rage ahead of the PC release, id's John Carmack reveals.
Speaking to Game Informer magazine (thanks VG247) Carmack says that Rage's controls are designed first with consoles in mind.
"The largest chunk of our markets going to be on consoles. I mean, yes, you can use the mouse for it but it's critical that the controller be the way that we design the game."
The game will feature a plot that sees the player leading the resistance in a post-apocalyptic future, battling the mysterious Authority and mutants across a vast wasteland.
Rage is out next year.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today