id Software focus on consoles for Rage
Market conditions dictate that id Software focus on the console versions of Rage ahead of the PC release, id's John Carmack reveals.
Speaking to Game Informer magazine (thanks VG247) Carmack says that Rage's controls are designed first with consoles in mind.
"The largest chunk of our markets going to be on consoles. I mean, yes, you can use the mouse for it but it's critical that the controller be the way that we design the game."
The game will feature a plot that sees the player leading the resistance in a post-apocalyptic future, battling the mysterious Authority and mutants across a vast wasteland.
Rage is out next year.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto