id Software focus on consoles for Rage
Market conditions dictate that id Software focus on the console versions of Rage ahead of the PC release, id's John Carmack reveals.
Speaking to Game Informer magazine (thanks VG247) Carmack says that Rage's controls are designed first with consoles in mind.
"The largest chunk of our markets going to be on consoles. I mean, yes, you can use the mouse for it but it's critical that the controller be the way that we design the game."
The game will feature a plot that sees the player leading the resistance in a post-apocalyptic future, battling the mysterious Authority and mutants across a vast wasteland.
Rage is out next year.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3